2002 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Buy right & Be Happy

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Buy right & Be Happy
By azishot on

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Did lots of searching and found our 530i w/sport pkg at a Jeep Dealer. Only 12k miles. Been driving crummy ordinary cars since my last late 60's era muscle car I sold in 1973. I'm suprised at how much I enjoy this car. Ple\nty of power to get into as much trouble as you want plus decent gas milage. Safe, solid and hard to get my wife out of it. Easy to go over 100 mph without noticing, so use the programmable "chime" which warns you when you hit pre-determined speed (mine chimes at 83). Make sure you get the Sport Pkg and steptronic. For about the cost of a new Toyota Camry (loaded) you can get an 2002 530i that's worth talking about. Read the reviews!

Styling, engine - smooth as silk. 27mpg on the highway. Comfort. Great insurance rates due to its safety features. Memory seats - programmable key fob. Rain sensing wipers, light sensing auto head lights. On board computer when you take a trip. Best of all, no buyers remorse!

Heads up display,the steering wheel blocks most of the speedometer. Big blind spot in side rear view mirror. Michelin Pilot tires makes your Bimmer sound like a Monster truck- read reviews about these tires on the net. Spoiler will hit EVERY parking block- beware! Loose the cup holders.