Used 2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

You Are What You Drive!
By Stetamrunning

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2002 BMW 530i with Premium / Sports Package and add the Steptronic Automatic is all the car one could ever ask for! This is my 7th BMW over the years. My Wife thinks I was nuts to purchase another one until she drove this wonderful machine. Now we fight over the keys!

Favorite Features

I love this engine. I have owned the 540 in the past, but no one has anything on this fine piece of machinery. I love to cruise and then give the pedal to the metal and just go.This car sounds so sweet. What a dream to drive from the top to the bottom.

Suggested Improvements

To all the cup holders complaints I have read.I say let them have the worries about wet pants.This car was meant to be driven,not sucking from a straw of a big Gulp drink.

Excellent
By jiggly

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the best i've ever owned! It's my first BMW and i must say that i'm extremely impressed. The ride is exemplary, the engine quiet and smooth and the performance very good. I have recommended this car to many of my friends who are looking for a new car. They have all been just as 'in awe' as i was and still am. You wont be dissapointed i you choose this car!

Favorite Features

Just about everything

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders could be a little bigger and better quality.

Make a good choice
By frankzm

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Over audi a6, lexus gs300, I chose BMW 530ia with prem&sports pkg. The engine is more than adequate with rich torque across the band for everyday commute and some fun in between. The sports seats with the thigh support is a plus for 6+footers like myself. sport suspension is a little firmer than standard but still provides comfortable ride and minimal bodyroll in corners. Interior and exterior designs are one of the classics. And the smooth inline6 which hums the best engine music in its class. Of course, you can hardly hear it in low rpms. overall, it's a joy to drive and ride.I often have to beg my fiancee(The car was bought for her)for the keys.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine and beautiful tone at higher rpms. Classic designs and logical controls. A true sports sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder-remove or enlarge. I can barely squeeze in a 12oz DrPep. Two rearview mirrors could be larger. Too much brake dust.

A 5 that's almost a 10
By BoyOboi78

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

had an Acura TL but didn't want another one. had a 99 Audi A6 and had nothing but problems, so no more Audi's for me . tried out a Mercedes Benz E320, nice car but didn't seem to ride as nice, handle as well, or be smoother or quieter then the 5, plus the price and value didn't seem to be worth it. The Lexus GS300 was also another nice car i drove, but was to underdamped in my opinion and didn't feel as refined as in closing the doors or the trunk like the solidness of the 5 series. Jaguar S type, well basically build in partner ship with ford and kinda screamed cheap from a few of its parts. the 5 series has the right combination of an upscale luxury car

Favorite Features

steering very precise but not twitchy. excellent handling, turning radius,smooth,quiet and supple ride, auto climate control always providing quick cold air, love the exterior design and, very comfortable seats and interior lay out, DSP sound system is worth every penny

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are a joke BMW can do much better then this, would be nice if rear seats had airvents not only in center console but in the B pillars also like some M-B E class and new BMW 745i's

Beautiful!
By jiggly

The title says it all

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

nothing