2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Great Engineering
By Lucky One on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am on my fourth BMW. All great cars. Have had some (very few) minor problems. Very dependable cars.

It's a ten
By Esarbee on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Perfection on wheels. It handles and corners like the TGV. Titanium gray with gray leather. Best car I have ever owned.

Even God could not have created this car
By Joe Kimber on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW i have owned a Benz, Audi's and a few Jags. Right now i own a BMW 530i my wife drives a BMW X5 4.4i and we also have a new Porsche 911 turbo (this is also a nice car but not good for everyday use). But none of them have even come close to how much fun the 530i is. The outside is the best looking car i have seen in years. I thought that the 5 series was getting old. Untill they brought out the 530i in 2001. If you are interested in buying this car dont buy it unless you get the sports package. The 17's are amazing. The steptronic transmission is also very responsive.

2002 530i, a fabulous ride
By Kodachromeguy on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This BMW 530i is so much fun! It's a remarkable combination of comfortable ride and great handling. I don't feel like I'm in a mushmobile (typical Accord, Lexus, Infinity, etc.,), and I can actually feel the road surface through the steering wheel. But yet, it's also comfortable on a long road trip. My car has the standard suspension, so I can't say if the sport version is much harsher. In 8 months, this car has been absolutely flawless. I highly recommend the adjustable lumbar supports in the seats, an inexpensive option. And the Xenon headlights are great for those of us whose vision is deteriorating with age.

Nice Machine
By J Lynch on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is tight, quiet and a pleasure to drive.

540iA
By Bill20 on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 540iA with sports package in Jan 2001. Car is a wonderful machine to drive, even if it is a compact car. Being a compact car, it is a bit cramped inside, but on the other hand it is a smaller car, and easier to maneuver in traffic. Mine is a 2001, but even so, being a 282 hp machine, you really need to be careful with the gas pedal, or else it's going to fly on you in the next tree. Basically the car is a 8 cylinder compact car, with wonderful handling.

BMW saved my life
By LovedTheBMW on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had my BMW only 4 months when I was in a car accident and the car was totalled. I was hit on the front driver side and the car ended upside down in a ditch. The towing company said there wasn't one part of the car that could be salvaged. I walked away from the accident with a minor scape on the elbow and a sore neck. I am lucky to be alive let alone not injured. I am not that crazy about cars but this is the first car that I really enjoyed driving. I loved everything about it and I can't wait to buy the same car again. Thank you BMW.

BEST BMW I HAVE EVER OWNED
By GREG KUHNLE on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

A WONDERFUL DRIVING AND LOOKING SEDAN, THIS CAR TURNS HEADS,AND MAKES YOU LOOK FOR THE LONG WAY HOME.THE 5SP SHIFTS VERY SMOOTHLY AND ON A RECENT 1000 MILE TRIP THE CAR ACHIEVED 28 MILES TO THE GALLON! THE CAR HAS A FANTASTIC STEREO SYSTEM {I ORDERED THE PREMIUM SOUND PACKAGE}AND PICKING THE CAR UP IN EUROPE WAS AN EXPERIENCE IN ITSELF.

My 530spt pkg
By ps on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the 530 with spt pkg and steptronic transmission in 4/02. My wife, who doesn't care much about driving a car, loves this one. Handling is excellent. The color, Titanium Silver, is beautiful.

FANTASTIC VEHICLE !!!!!!!!
By DANIEL on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

THE 540IA BASICALLY DRIVES ITSELF. IT JUST FLOWS FROM ONE GEAR TO THE NEXT AND THE BRAKES CAN STOP YOU ON A DIME. I WAS A BIT APPREHENSIVE ABOUT PAYING SO MUCH FOR A CAR, BUT WHEN I DROVE THE CAR AND READ THE MANUAL AND SAW HOW MANY FEATURES ARE ON THE CAR, I KNEW THE MONEY WAS WELL INVESTED. THE CAR IS EXTREMELY QUIET AND SOLIDLY BUILT. I GUESS THE ONLY DOWNSIDE, IN MY OPINION, IS THE GAS MILEAGE. BE PREPARED TO MAKE FREQUENT STOPS AT THE PUMP, ESPECIALLY IF YOU USE THE SPORT OR MANUAL MODES A LOT.