2002 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Good Stuff
By jakedogdog on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. This is the third BMW I have had the privelege to own. The first two were both 328i's. I loved the way they drove, but they were too small. I ended up in this car as I got a good deal on it, and it's even better than the 328's. It's a great size (the back seats in the 3's are just too small) without being too big. I wish it did not feel quite so heavy - but it's a price I'm willing to pay.

I love it
By bamajamer on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. It drives like a dream. From now on I will only drive a BMW

Best Sedan I've Ever Driven
By SemiNo.1e on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It responds to your will. I smile every time I drive it.

The best of both worlds.
By gallois on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Euro Delivery on a 525Ti is the way to experience the capabilities of this car without looking in the mirror for black and whites. Pick up the car in Munich, it's ready to go, fully insured for 30 days, a tank of gas and no restrictions, plus you save 7% off the US price. The car is a dream, sports suspension, tiptronic shifter and adaptive controls make driving a pleasure. On a French road a dog ran out at 60mph+, I hit the brakes thinking new hood ornament, the car stopped so fast my wife didn't have time to scream ! The dog walked away. The 525Ti takes the biscuit. I should have known this when I noticed Munich cops in 5 wagons as standard issue.

expensive fun
By kirkd1 on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My expectations of this car have been met. It's fun to drive and is the most comfortable seat in the house. My bad back hurts in just about everything except my sport seats. I hate the noise I now have from the tires that started at about 10k miles and its getting worse. Those low profile tires aren’t all bad though helping turn-in that makes me smile when I need a little rush. I’m disappointed in the “slipping clutch” of the A/T. The upgraded sport steering wheel is mainly plastic and it stares me in the face. The in-cabin entertainment I paid extra for could sound better and have an in-dash changer.

BMW 540i 6 Speed - The best sports sedan
By Peter J on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The BMW 5 series has always been excellent and the current model introduced in 1997 is no exception. This is a quiet sophisticated car that has amazing performance. The 6 Speed manual transmission can be a little baulky when cold but once she is warmed, this car is phenomenal. As is the case with most BMW's (I have owned 6) speed is achieved with little fuss and the turbine like drive in the back never gives up, right up to maximum speed you can get away with. The car is, without doubt, one of the finest cars on the road. The interior is a little dated now, but this car is still a winner with build quality to match.

Get this car
By wagonman on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car is awesome. Smooth and powerful. Sports car lurking under a sleek station wagon. Get the 5 speed manual transmission to experience BMW technology.

A Dream
By tlffxhouston on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a joy to drive and has an exterior design that is plainly beautiful. The interior's design is average and the comfort is average. However, the driving the 530 is pure fun and comfort, with a stronge feeling of safety.

My 5-Speed Wagon
By Sharkey on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Apparently a stick-shift BMW 5-series is a tough sell in Los Angeles. So, I landed a good deal on the car. It is equipped with both the Sport and Premium package, Xenon headlights, and Park Distance Control. After owning Japanese luxury cars, you notice the lack of amenities like a center console, extra sunvisors with extensions (the 5-series sunvisors can't really be utilized to shade the driver's side window), an auto-dimming rear-view mirror, and an in-dash CD changer. The sport seats can be tough on your left thigh when clutching. All that aside, it's the best-handling, highest quality wagon I've ever owned.

530i best car you can have!!!!
By eduardo on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Im happy with my 530i premium, sport, this is a excellent car, fuel economy in the highway i got 30 mpg, at 85 mph, and this is a safest, powerful, elegant, and the best on resale value, if you like the 5 series go for the 530i, the 525i the engine is to small for the body and weight of the car.