2002 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
You Are What You Drive!
By Stetamrunning on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2002 BMW 530i with Premium / Sports Package and add the Steptronic Automatic is all the car one could ever ask for! This is my 7th BMW over the years. My Wife thinks I was nuts to purchase another one until she drove this wonderful machine. Now we fight over the keys!

Excellent
By jiggly on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the best i've ever owned! It's my first BMW and i must say that i'm extremely impressed. The ride is exemplary, the engine quiet and smooth and the performance very good. I have recommended this car to many of my friends who are looking for a new car. They have all been just as 'in awe' as i was and still am. You wont be dissapointed i you choose this car!

Make a good choice
By frankzm on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Over audi a6, lexus gs300, I chose BMW 530ia with prem&sports pkg. The engine is more than adequate with rich torque across the band for everyday commute and some fun in between. The sports seats with the thigh support is a plus for 6+footers like myself. sport suspension is a little firmer than standard but still provides comfortable ride and minimal bodyroll in corners. Interior and exterior designs are one of the classics. And the smooth inline6 which hums the best engine music in its class. Of course, you can hardly hear it in low rpms. overall, it's a joy to drive and ride.I often have to beg my fiancee(The car was bought for her)for the keys.

A 5 that's almost a 10
By BoyOboi78 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

had an Acura TL but didn't want another one. had a 99 Audi A6 and had nothing but problems, so no more Audi's for me . tried out a Mercedes Benz E320, nice car but didn't seem to ride as nice, handle as well, or be smoother or quieter then the 5, plus the price and value didn't seem to be worth it. The Lexus GS300 was also another nice car i drove, but was to underdamped in my opinion and didn't feel as refined as in closing the doors or the trunk like the solidness of the 5 series. Jaguar S type, well basically build in partner ship with ford and kinda screamed cheap from a few of its parts. the 5 series has the right combination of an upscale luxury car

Beautiful!
By jiggly on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The title says it all

one word: problems
By DallasDriver on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the car (525i with M sports package manual) when I actually get to drive it and when it works. It spent more time in the service dept than with me (hence the low mileage). The svc. dept. rep. knows me on a first name basis. Took it twice for the air bag light; once for a problem with the driver's seat; 4 times for a clutch problem (which has not been solved yet). I'm in the process of looking for a new car. Definitely NOT a BMW.

My First BMW - The 525IA
By Stan Davidson on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am a car lover, and own 4 cars. The BMW is the most refined of any car I have ever owned. Excellent service with only oil changes and routine maintenance required. The comfort and handling are very good.

A blast to drive Rocket Wagon
By JDMartin on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car has plenty of room to carry whatever you need, but with the driving pleasure of a sports car. A long time luxury SUV driver (Grand Cherokee, Denali XL), I wanted a car that handled better for a change. This is definitely the one. It is definitely nice to look at, and if you take this car out on your favorite windy road you will experience complete exhilaration.

loving the autobahn
By back2backbimmers on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drive my 530i(sports premium,18" wheels) from Heidelberg to Frankfurt on a weekly basis. One word..exhilarating. If performance,quality ride, and luxury is what you want, then this is the car to buy. All I can say is that I love to see the "unlimited speed" signs.

540 i
By jasonpate on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

this is quite simply the best car i have ever driven. the look, feel, finish, and quality are all top notch. the responsiveness, acceleration, handling, and overall build quality are unmatched. i would purchase this vehicle again tomorrow if given the chance.