2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Make a good choice
By frankzm on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Over audi a6, lexus gs300, I chose BMW 530ia with prem&sports pkg. The engine is more than adequate with rich torque across the band for everyday commute and some fun in between. The sports seats with the thigh support is a plus for 6+footers like myself. sport suspension is a little firmer than standard but still provides comfortable ride and minimal bodyroll in corners. Interior and exterior designs are one of the classics. And the smooth inline6 which hums the best engine music in its class. Of course, you can hardly hear it in low rpms. overall, it's a joy to drive and ride.I often have to beg my fiancee(The car was bought for her)for the keys.

A 5 that's almost a 10
By BoyOboi78 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

had an Acura TL but didn't want another one. had a 99 Audi A6 and had nothing but problems, so no more Audi's for me . tried out a Mercedes Benz E320, nice car but didn't seem to ride as nice, handle as well, or be smoother or quieter then the 5, plus the price and value didn't seem to be worth it. The Lexus GS300 was also another nice car i drove, but was to underdamped in my opinion and didn't feel as refined as in closing the doors or the trunk like the solidness of the 5 series. Jaguar S type, well basically build in partner ship with ford and kinda screamed cheap from a few of its parts. the 5 series has the right combination of an upscale luxury car

Beautiful!
By jiggly on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The title says it all

one word: problems
By DallasDriver on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the car (525i with M sports package manual) when I actually get to drive it and when it works. It spent more time in the service dept than with me (hence the low mileage). The svc. dept. rep. knows me on a first name basis. Took it twice for the air bag light; once for a problem with the driver's seat; 4 times for a clutch problem (which has not been solved yet). I'm in the process of looking for a new car. Definitely NOT a BMW.

My First BMW - The 525IA
By Stan Davidson on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am a car lover, and own 4 cars. The BMW is the most refined of any car I have ever owned. Excellent service with only oil changes and routine maintenance required. The comfort and handling are very good.

loving the autobahn
By back2backbimmers on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drive my 530i(sports premium,18" wheels) from Heidelberg to Frankfurt on a weekly basis. One word..exhilarating. If performance,quality ride, and luxury is what you want, then this is the car to buy. All I can say is that I love to see the "unlimited speed" signs.

540 i
By jasonpate on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

this is quite simply the best car i have ever driven. the look, feel, finish, and quality are all top notch. the responsiveness, acceleration, handling, and overall build quality are unmatched. i would purchase this vehicle again tomorrow if given the chance.

Good Stuff
By jakedogdog on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. This is the third BMW I have had the privelege to own. The first two were both 328i's. I loved the way they drove, but they were too small. I ended up in this car as I got a good deal on it, and it's even better than the 328's. It's a great size (the back seats in the 3's are just too small) without being too big. I wish it did not feel quite so heavy - but it's a price I'm willing to pay.

I love it
By bamajamer on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I love this car. It drives like a dream. From now on I will only drive a BMW

Best Sedan I've Ever Driven
By SemiNo.1e on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It responds to your will. I smile every time I drive it.