2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Excellent Value!
By BTinDallas on 11/14/06 19:08 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a car after losing my company car. I looked at a lot of offerings and finally decided on the 530i. I bought it about 4 mos. ago and love it. This is my 2nd BMW (my other is a 1988 M6) and it is everything I thought it would be. I bought mine with 65K on the odo, but it is a CPO car with the 100K warranty. It is probably the best value out there. I got one of the best sport sedans made, with a factory warranty, for under 21 grand! I'm glad I got the sport package, it really adds to the looks and handling!

Just over a year and love it
By Jeff Allen on 07/20/06 18:24 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The car is solid, goes like mad and is a blast to drive. The V8 is a hoss, smooth and has lots of power. The balanced handling is also incredible. It is hard to believe you are driving such a big car. No reliability issues to speak of yet. The car sucks the gas if you drive it - not much of a surprise there. The stereo is also very good and feature list goes on and on. Sport package is a must. Mine has no GPS but I don't know if it is necessary - less to worry about breaking.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Jeff on 04/21/06 11:48 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the car used with about 30K miles on it. I have been driving it for about a year and absolutely love it. I drove some used Audis and Mercedes and they just didn't have the sporty/luxury feel I was looking for in a car. The engine is quick to respond when you step on it, and there is just enough room in the car for my 6'7'' frame, with enough to fit my average sized friends in the back. I test drove the 525i and there wasn't enough power. Loved the 540i, but didn't want the gas mileage problem. Couldn't ask for a better car, love it and I never see myself going away from BMWs.

Love this car!
By gkatlanta on 12/26/05 19:21 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned three previous BMWs including an E39 Wagon but nothing has come close to the performance and handling of this car. Definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing. Wonderful to drive on a long winding road. Not a single problem since I've had this car. I still love driving this car every day.

Amazing!
By MarkJump on 08/01/05 21:58 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Amazing performance, synergy with driver, quality, features, completeness of design. The very definition of excitement, excellence, and elegance. A whole level beyond most anything else. Supercar capability combines with everyday utility. Why did I wait so long to go Bimmer?

Awesome
By Duff on 07/22/05 17:44 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car cannot compare to any other vehicle in the same class. The car handles the same at 40 as it does at 120. It has the power to handle almost any situation and handles just as well in foul weather with the exception of snow! If you have considered something other than a BMW, think again! Everyday is a new driving experience with a BMW. Be careful, once you stepped up to a different class driving machine, you will never take a step backwards.

It works for me
By Don G. on 07/05/05 19:30 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Lower front bumper takes all the punishment due to sport suspension. One cannot be careful enough when parking in a space where the car is driven into a stall. Due to the sport suspension, any curbing higher then four (4) inches will catch on the bumper and potentially cause damage. My damage to date has resulted in an $85.00 repair bill. Other then that, the car meets all my expectations and is a pleasure to drive.

European Excellence
By CARNUT on 03/10/05 15:10 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

If you appreciate European (esp. German) cars and want more than what a Japanese luxury car can deliver, then you will love the BMW 540i series (E39). It has more than enough power to get the job done on the highway. Super comfortable on long drives. The Navigation system is one of the best. Perfect mix of Sport (w/ the sport package) and luxury in a medium sized sedan. At this price point, nothing matches it.

SERVES ALL MY NEEDS & MY FAMILY'S TOO
By stephanie M. on 03/09/05 23:23 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After the birth of our daughter, (3-18-02) My husband said he wanted the safest-best most reliable vehicle we could find for our "new precious cargo" And after much research - we decided on this make & model. And have been extemely HAPPY!!!!! In the past we've owned Porche, audi, Hondas, mercedes.. (all excellent rides!) But this BMW is definetly the ULTIMATE driving machine!!!!! It makes any drive too short, HAHA!

The ultimate machine ?
By MDontheroad on 02/27/05 00:15 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Not a good car to have if you are busy and using it as much as I do. The radio goes out on/off. The seats wear you out after a long day and the a/c has its own temper. What really discourages me is that the radiator went out after 47,000 miles. If you need reliability don't get here.