2002 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: 2002 530i, a fabulous ride

2002 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

2002 530i, a fabulous ride
By Kodachromeguy on

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This BMW 530i is so much fun! It's a remarkable combination of comfortable ride and great handling. I don't feel like I'm in a mushmobile (typical Accord, Lexus, Infinity, etc.,), and I can actually feel the road surface through the steering wheel. But yet, it's also comfortable on a long road trip. My car has the standard suspension, so I can't say if the sport version is much harsher. In 8 months, this car has been absolutely flawless. I highly recommend the adjustable lumbar supports in the seats, an inexpensive option. And the Xenon headlights are great for those of us whose vision is deteriorating with age.

1 Manual transmission. The ultimate luxury: a performance sedan where I can change my own gears. 2 Great handling. 3 Suberb fit and finish 4 Solidity. 5 Subtle, elegant styling. We'll be able to live with this car for two decades.

The pillars between the windows are too thick. Rear visibility over the trunk is especially poor and needs to be improved by lowering the trunk, even though it will mean some loss of trunk room. The climate controls could be made clearer, with bigger buttons.