2002 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
The Fantastic 530i A
By langar on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a beemer and finally got my new 530i w/A, SP, PP, Kalahari Beige, in October and have never looked back. I have never driven a better car. Handling is fantastic and comfort on long drive is amazing. It is great to drive on the back country roads where you can experience the great handling and performance. I have 11,000 trouble free miles and even get great gas mileage on extended road trips. 1000 miles to Branson resulted in 29 mpg. which is great when you consider its performance.

I love my BMW, but...
By spectacular on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a 525IA, and feel like I got a great deal. In hindsight, the 525 at 184 HP might be a hair underpowered, so my only regret is that I didn't go for the 530. In the end, I'm extremely happy to own this incredible machine, and love to drive it!!!!! (P.S. Chicks dig it too!!!!!)

great car!
By avid driver on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

shopped them all...drove them all...almost went for the G35, but in the end there is nothing to compare with bmw. 530i with premium and sport packages sends the price up, however there is nothing BORING about this sedan. i selected the 5 speed tranny (wife was a bit hesitant) but now glad we went this route. performance, comfort, luxury in one great looking package. replaced an SUV with a sedan version of our porsche!

Best car
By yuriy on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Combination of comfort, control, and capability is unmatched in its class. Sport package with M-technick sport suspenssion is a must. Velvety smoothness and refined sounds are coming from the engine.

BMW 530iA
By TheoMD on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

One of the best cars I have ever owned. Absolutely love it except for the awful cupholders and lack thereof in the rear

Beyond Expectations
By mxk05 on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW. The 530i (SP/PP) has exceeded my expectations. It handles superbly on highways and side roads with comfort and responsiveness. It's a finely tuned and compact automotive package. Love the looks and the interior cabin. Driving is fun again.

530i
By runna252 on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car! Drove High perfomance police vehicles, Acuras etc, nothing on the road compares to the the 5 ( my 2nd one)

5 speed Sport Sedan
By Analog on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 530i 5 speed manual is an unusual combination of contradictory elements, luxury, sports car and sedan all wraped into one - excelling in multiple personalities and demanding in it's attention . The manual stick is by far the most demanding I have driven. The car and I are still bondinng after almost 3000 miles and will so.

Look'n Good
By Robbiee69 on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

All I can say about my new Beemer is that, "I can't stop driving it." I love the looks the feel and the exhilaration of driving this machine. I would have liked to get the 530 for the extra pep, but opted for the options and really don't regret it. Not as much power but I can live with it. The ride is so smooth that, I often find myself at 80mph, thinking I'm going around 65mph. Over all I like everything about the car.

Exceeds Expectations
By Fraser Katz on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is one great machine 530i automatic. Quiet, seamless balance of power and handeling in a classic package. It really is the "ultimate driving machine". It puts you in a different world where driving is really fun.