2002 BMW 5 Series 525i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
5 speed Sport Sedan
By Analog on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 530i 5 speed manual is an unusual combination of contradictory elements, luxury, sports car and sedan all wraped into one - excelling in multiple personalities and demanding in it's attention . The manual stick is by far the most demanding I have driven. The car and I are still bondinng after almost 3000 miles and will so.

Look'n Good
By Robbiee69 on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

All I can say about my new Beemer is that, "I can't stop driving it." I love the looks the feel and the exhilaration of driving this machine. I would have liked to get the 530 for the extra pep, but opted for the options and really don't regret it. Not as much power but I can live with it. The ride is so smooth that, I often find myself at 80mph, thinking I'm going around 65mph. Over all I like everything about the car.

Exceeds Expectations
By Fraser Katz on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is one great machine 530i automatic. Quiet, seamless balance of power and handeling in a classic package. It really is the "ultimate driving machine". It puts you in a different world where driving is really fun.

The Silver Bullet
By fdelmonte on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have ever owned! Powerful, luxurious, stylish, fun, (did I mention fun?), delightful. There are not enough superlatives to describe the wonder & engineering on this car. For the acceleration & power of the car, excellent gas mileage (18 city, 21 freeway) and it's not through the break-in period (remember, this is a 8-cylinder wonder - I was only getting 18.5 mpg in a Volvo S80 T6 - there are no comparisons between the cars). Yes, the cupholders are worthless, but that is not the reason you buy a BMW. A must have if you truly appreciate well engineered cars.

540ia
By raul on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

best car ever had

excellent
By jogkjfiufuif on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

the best car I've ever owned. This makes the 2nd 540 I've owed and I can not wait for the next version in 2003.

What a Great Car
By j mcburney on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I came awfully close to getting a MB CLK 430 until my boss, a confirmed BMW fanatic convinced me to not buy anything without trying a 540i. Boy, do I owe him! Mine is a sport package with MSport wheels and steering wheel and trim - kind of an M5 wannabe. It is simply the best car in it's class by a long shot, and easily one of the finest in the world. I wish that the 6 speed had not been an extra cost option, because that combined with it's negative impact on resale got me into the Steptronic, but it is the best auto I've ever driven. Simply a fabulous car that obliterates standards of luxury, performance and engineering excellence. Bravo!

Unparalleled Driving Experience
By eyemac on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

2002 525ia w/sport and premium packages, steptronic transmission-this car is flawless. the exterior is as appealing as any car in its class or size, the ride is a notch or two above the Lexus. the seat's lumbar support (you GOTTA buy the premium and sport packages) makes you feel like you're in a cockpit. when you "open it up", you don't hear road noise until 90 mph. finally, this car turns heads. i bought (i don't "rent" autos) the rare slate green exterior with the stone green trim, and women, as well as men compliment me daily. p.s. buy a radar detector. you will test the cars limits. **hint** the car won't let you down.

BMW525i
By davewill on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The design of the cup holder's doesn't do a 2 year old YUGO justice.COME ON! The plastic trim around the front seats seems to be a problem area. Loose fitting. In shop twice for the seat trim Engine, transmission and driveability is BMW all the way.

loving it...
By davidy on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

bought the car 4 days after 9/11 got a great deal, and thought it probably helped our ecnonmy... anyway, the car is a blast to drive, so much more comfortable than my 330i:)