2001 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Absolutely Fantastic !!!!

2001 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

530i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Absolutely Fantastic !!!!
By phimebaugh on

2001 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Look, I know cars. I have driven many many cars and trucks of all kinds. I have an SL500 in the garage which I thought was pretty much the perfect driving machine. Hah, !!! Short version is that if you want to arrive and be seen buy a Mercedes, if you actually care about the driving experience, and the trip is more important than the arrival, do yourself a favor and get the BMW. I now understand why it's the ultimate driving machine, that's not an ad campaign, it's the real thing. After this wears out there is nowhere to go except into a newer BMW. If you have the means I highly recommend it.

Six cylinder that puts out this kind of performance and get the gas mileage of a four cylinder... Priceless. German engineering second to none. Interior. Sport Package is a must have, do not be fooled into buying one without it. Ac is super cold, there is nothing on this car that will not exceed your expectations. Read improvements.

You absolutely will be amazed with this car if you buy a clean private owner car with records, you buy one with a shady history and then it will be the same as any other make or model with a myriad of problems. Mine has 116,000 miles and drives like it rolled off the showroom floor yesterday, I cannot stress enough a good maintenance history.