2001 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: My First Beemer (a 540iA)

2001 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

540i Sedan (4.4L V8 6-speed Manual)

My First Beemer (a 540iA)
By Gumdoc on

2001 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

If you asked me, "Would you ever buy a BMW?" longer than 3 months ago. I never considered it. I always felt BMW was not generous enough with appointments. . .till now. I bought a low mileage 2001 that was in pristine shape; 7500 miles and not a mark. I had been looking for a luxury car and was drawn to the Mercedes E Class. On a whim I called my local dealer and they had just taken what became my car in on trade that morning. They were out of new ones so they let me drive the car. In its condition, it was an ideal purchase for me.

Gas tank size (less frequent fillups). Awesome sound system like a private concert. Remote key fob went into pool with me and still works! Handsfree phone. Most favorite feature: basic seat has excellent lumbar support (no fatigue on long trip).

Increased room for newborn carseat. Nose bra for bug protection. Car has room for 4-5 adults and trunk only holds 3 sets of clubs max. Dealer needs to be better versed in accessories. Windshield was hit by a stone and it took 1.5 weeks to get a replacement.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review