2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
My Bimmer
By Saud on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had owned other sport cars as well as luxury cars. I enjoyed them all, but this is my first BMW 540 I with Sports package... Wow, I can't begin to tell you how much fun I have driving it. I don't think I would be going back to any other manufacturer from here on.

My First Beemer (a 540iA)
By Gumdoc on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

If you asked me, "Would you ever buy a BMW?" longer than 3 months ago. I never considered it. I always felt BMW was not generous enough with appointments. . .till now. I bought a low mileage 2001 that was in pristine shape; 7500 miles and not a mark. I had been looking for a luxury car and was drawn to the Mercedes E Class. On a whim I called my local dealer and they had just taken what became my car in on trade that morning. They were out of new ones so they let me drive the car. In its condition, it was an ideal purchase for me.

First BMW
By yost on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am 67 years young so have owned many autos both domestic & import. My 530i is by far the best car that I have ever owned. My grandchildren beg me to let them show it off to their friends and love to drive it. BMW is my friend for th rest of my life! This year & model is so good that I feel it will become a collectors classic in years to come.

the Ultimate driving machine
By jayjay78 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

These must be the best built cars for around 45K. This car surly is not slow. Test drove Acura 3.2TL type S and the Lexus GS300 and still the BMW feels very well rounded when pushing the pedel and reciving the amount of power needed in all situations. Steering may seem heavy at first, after getting used to it makes you feel always so confidant and in control. Quietness seems to have been a big considertion when this car was designed, Ultra super smooth steering, ride, suspension, controls, EVERYTHING. Rear seat room is a bit smaller then other cars we test drove but not so much that it is uncomfortable. GREAT Job BMW.

530i
By gene@naxs.com on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned lots of high end cars including numerous bmw's but this is the best no complaints except the dealership sucks

Best car I ever owned! A blast to drive
By kechal on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car rocks! It is just plain fun to drive and I never tire of getting behind the wheel. The exterior looks get it noticed and I have recived many compliments on how great the car is. The only thing better than this car would be to own the M5. If you are thinking of buying this car - DO IT! I can't imagine anyone haveing regrets. Just make sure you like the dealer you buy from as dealership quality does not always live up to the quality of the car.

2001 525i review
By gammak on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Other than for two recalls, very satisfied.

Euro Delivery 530i
By dballew on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent combination of power, performance, and mileage. European delivery program worked smoothly and the trip was worth the effort. Car gets compliments from all you see it. Better than my Mercedes E320 in many respects.

Best built car I've ever owned!
By garys on 03/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned most cars that are made. This is my first BMW- a 525 with auto, and premium package. Extremely responsive, quick, the smoothest transmission I have ever experienced. I have owned a Mercedes E320. They are two different animals but I prefer the BMW-and I do think it is a higher quality car-fit, finish-not much bad to say about it-the 530 is quicker, but the 525 is a good compromise.

MY 540ia
By Kwan chow on 03/01/02 15:10 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I wanted a car with the power and handling ability of a sports car. Yet, I wanted the comfort and room of a four door sedan. When it came time for me the buy a new car, I decided on the BMW 540ia (with the sports package). I know the 540ia is not the most powerful, the fastest or the best handling car. And, I know that it might not have the most comfortable ride. However, I do think this is the best car overall, in one complete package.