Used 2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Bmw performance
By Mr.Bmw

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is one of the best cars I ever driven. The styling is very terrific. I love my xenon lights and the rounded fog lamps. The leather seats can feel a little uncomfortable at times but if you're not going on long trips it should be just right. The thing I hate most is the reliability. I seem to find myself at my local Bmw dealership about every month for such things like noises, brakes etc.

cupholders!! (they stink), fuel economy!

Best of the Best
By Shashi

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second one, handling is awesome. Especially on highways. Seating design is excellent. On other cars, I can't drive more then 3 hrs at a straight, with my back pain, but in my 540 I can drive more then 8 hrs straight. One of the most comfortable car to drive and you can leave your worries behind. Makes your presence on the road to others ... Sure there are lots of other cars on the road, but its BMW .. :)

Road Handling, Interior/Exterior, Comfortable seating ...

internal storage, and of course cup holders in front and also back too

Very Happy
By mike2lane

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car because of its lower comparable depreciation, and I couldn't be happier. My only problem is that I really would like better drink holders... how American, I know! The drive is impressively smooth to the point where my friends make comments and two have bought one themselves. I recommend this car if for no other reason than the great service I get at most dealerships come time for service.

My favorite feature is the steering.

better drink holders, plusher leather (like the H2 seats), a hybrid model for improved mileage. That's it! The rest is PERFECT!

Best Sports Sedan
By Steven Sistrunk

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just picked up my '01 CPO 525i today. It has 51,800 miles but it feels exceptionally solid. Fit and finish is awesome...even after 4 years!!!

Power Rear Shade, DSP Sound System, 17s, best ride quality.

Already addressed in the '04/'05 5 series.

Excellence
By owner

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When this thing gets out in the road you can't even hear the engine but that power is directly under your foot. When you unleash this car on the highway you feel a sense of love. You would understand if you've even driven one. With the sport package on this car you get a great amount of features especially that suspension it makes you feel like your driving on a pillow. I love the way you can just drive without feeling uncomfortable. You can go on long trips without even feeling like you just have to get out the car and walk. The way the seats hug you when you drive is a thing of delight. It has the real BMW power in all ways. It's just great fun to drive. This car is the ultimate driving machine.

My favorite features on this car have to be the heated bucket seats and the great sound system this vehicle has. Although the climate controls are great also, these are just as equal. The power seats are great features and the standard alloy wheels give the car a very sexy look to match its sexy feel.

I would improve the cars reliabilty and fuel economy. This thing can eat gas if you are a person who constantly drives it. Although it's great, I would also improve its defrosting system. It goes to full power every time you turn it on which makes talking to a passenger a great pain. This car is an A+++