2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Awesome Ride
By Ready605 on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

So fun to drive. Never had any problems.Great cornering and the sport package comes in handy. Very comfortable.Quick response. Great on long road trips.

best car on the road
By Chad Klimek on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

couldnt ask for a better car

Near perfect
By pmrobers on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Every time I drive it I smile. The perfect balance between ride comfort and handling/performance. Handles like my corvette but the ride is much more forgiving. This is close to being the perfect car.

The Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Venus on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The coolest and classiest car ever!

530i - fine sports sedan
By brad_t on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 530i w/ Steptronic and Sports Premium pkg. While it's not as powerful as, say, a G35 sedan, its better balanced handling, precise steering and grippiness make it the most satisfying sports sedan in the mid luxury class. New 5 coming soon (with fancy steering), but I think most people will find the old 5 fine enough. 5/5 stars... and I'm not alone, "Car" of UK rates the 5, 5/5 also. Brad

Best Ever
By beegee on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Highest rated car by Consumer Reports for a reason. Wicked-fun to drive, as long as the weather is nice. If it snows, leave it in the garage and take the bus. I still get 2nd looks and compliments 2 years later mainly because of the M-style wheels that came with the early Sports Package.

Certified what
By golfbimmer on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 530i in January and have been to the dealer 6 times for different problems. I live 80 miles from the dealer and when something goes wrong, I have to wait 10 days to get a free loaner and service. I am looking for a different car. This is my second Bimmer and I hate to say maybe my last.

No wonder it won so many accolades!
By DDS2B on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The complete package!! Absolute fun to drive!

Hard to Beat
By ThinGuy on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car (6speed, Sport Package) is a hoot to drive. Insane amounts of torque, and a suspension that strikes just the right balance between comfort and capability. If you want a reasonably roomy sedan that shows the world how successful you are, buy a Lexus or a Merc. If you want a sedan that delivers a superior driving experience, buy a 540. My car was in the Certified Pre-Owned program, so it has warranty until 100K miles or 6 years from the original in- service date. With 13K miles when I got it, it was indistinguishable from a new car, with a better-than-new warranty.

2001 540iA
By timmcgarry on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 540iA automobile is one of the finer cars I have had the pleasure to drive. The handling and cornering is the best I have had experienced on an automobile. My sole complaint is centered on the stability of the automatic transmission. It slips. Several trips to the dealer have failed to resolve the problem permanently.