2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2001 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
2001 530i with Premium/Xenon
By kashvyas on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my 2001 530i after a few months of research but dealer left a bad taste. The car is fun to drive and looks awesome but seems to require regular visits to the shop for various issues like radio, cup holders, wipers, bulbs, etc. The dealer experience is terrible - I have tried 4 different dealers over 3+ years and it is the only major regret I have (enough to make be go to another brand for my next car). Poor handling in snow. Front bumper is low enough to require frequent visits to the shop. Side and rear visibility is poor due to small mirrors and huge headrests.

My First BM Dub
By TejMan on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After years of deliberation - I recently became the proud owner of a 2001 525i. First impressions, to put it simply, I'm looking for excuses to drive this Vehicle... The exterior to this day still turns heads. (Noticing lots of brake dust on front wheels..)

BMW 525i - the best 5 series model
By don500 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Value is nothing short of exceptional when you consider the rating factors relative to the price. In fact, I doubt whether you can find a better car for the money. Superbly designed and built vehicle!

Definitely the ultimate driving machine
By RickBMW on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've ever owned. Everything about it reeks of quality and attention to detail. Gas mileage does suffer in city driving (16 mpg) but it gets a whopping 30 mpg on the highway and it's smooth as glass.

Best car I've ever owned
By Sean P on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is an exceptional car that combines true two-seater performance in a 4-door family sedan's body. Like other reviewers, I smile every time I get in and head for an interstate.

and
By anderkr on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

all around an excellent car

Love my BMW
By durwiler on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great all around sports sedan. Performance, comfort, and exceptional build quality. Dealer experience for maintenance has been stellar. I am hooked on BMW.

540 6-speed
By trainmandan on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fantastic vehicle. Two years after the fact it still brings a smile. Great acceleration, smooth ride, good looks.Replaced stock differential with Dinan 3.15, added other Dinan upgrades.Acceleration from 70 mph to 120 is amazing.Wish the car had a bit more rear leg room. Only minor maintenence problems with light bulbs, key losing initiation and aux. fan. OEM Dunlaps fair, replacement Bridgestone Pole Position SO4's poor, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's by far the best. Has held its value well, by far the best car I've ever owned.

German perfection
By Troy on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best car I have ever owned. I will now own nothing but BMW.

Excellent choice
By too fast on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

If you're like me and had to give up the vette or some other two seater toy for the family....the 540 six, or M5 should certainly delete and sadness! This car is great, and if I didn't see the 4 doors it could easily pass for a true sports car. I've disappointed a few cars including a CLK430, 99M3 (modified) and recently the new 350Z. It's the best all in one car I can think of at the moment that provides family time and performance driving!