2001 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Exellence all you can expect from BMW
By Jaixl on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great Handeling The only manufactur that have being able to create a perfect machine thats its in constant comunication with your sences and your soul.

another happy customer
By jefflieb on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

4 bmw and very happy

Amazing!
By coop540 on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Wow. That's all I keep saying everyday I drive this car. After years of lumbering around in SUV's of all sizes I started looking at BMW wagons on the strong advice of two good friends. Now I am forever indebted to them! This car is an absolute dream to drive and I really don't feel that I have lost much (if any) cargo space. The power delivery is powerfully smooth and seemingly never ending. The car is very quite and handles like its on rails! You will want to drive everywhere! If you have the opportunity to pick up the 540i rather than the 528i or 525i, do it! This car has put the fun back into driving for me!

simple and nice
By MongMong on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

it's simple, classy, nice

Superb fun sporty sedan
By Stan on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second 5 series BMW. It provides the fun driving experience of a truly responsive car while providing the room and flexibility I need to also use it for work. It is a joy to drive on the highway especially in the mountains. It makes going to meetings fun. Given todays gas prices I appreciate the true 32 mpg I get on the highway. The controls and guages are all easy to read and work. I wish mine had the more extensive trip computer. I have found nothing that matches the handling and sheer fun of driving a stick shift BMW. There have been minor mechanical glitches which have been fixed under the BMW warranty.

Passion To Drive
By Beamer Boy on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The finest car that I have ever owned or driven - ride, fit and finish, and prestige. The 5 series has lived up to all the reviews and then some. The driver can feel the engineering. Even in rainy weather, the car hugs the road. The weight balance and responsiveness makes it ideal for winter city driving even in this hilly town. It is a driver's car!

the best of the best
By tony wyan on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What can I say other than this vehicle is fun fun fun-not just transportation.Add the streptronic transmission and you get the thrill of a lifetime-driving a true sports machine and loving every mile you drive.I have driven them all but this one leads the pack in all catagories- the best..

2001 530i with Premium/Xenon
By kashvyas on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my 2001 530i after a few months of research but dealer left a bad taste. The car is fun to drive and looks awesome but seems to require regular visits to the shop for various issues like radio, cup holders, wipers, bulbs, etc. The dealer experience is terrible - I have tried 4 different dealers over 3+ years and it is the only major regret I have (enough to make be go to another brand for my next car). Poor handling in snow. Front bumper is low enough to require frequent visits to the shop. Side and rear visibility is poor due to small mirrors and huge headrests.

My First BM Dub
By TejMan on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After years of deliberation - I recently became the proud owner of a 2001 525i. First impressions, to put it simply, I'm looking for excuses to drive this Vehicle... The exterior to this day still turns heads. (Noticing lots of brake dust on front wheels..)

Definitely the ultimate driving machine
By RickBMW on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've ever owned. Everything about it reeks of quality and attention to detail. Gas mileage does suffer in city driving (16 mpg) but it gets a whopping 30 mpg on the highway and it's smooth as glass.