Used 2001 BMW 5 Series 530i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Bmw 5-series - Consumer Reviews

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Ultimate driving machine! Buy it !
By robotech

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. I find myself making excuses just to go for a drive in this car. This car will truely put a smile on your face every time you take it out. I drove the 525, 528, 530 and 540 as well as MB E320, Lexus GS300 & GS400 and even Volvo S80 models before settling on the 530i. In my opinion the 530i is the best choice in this series for power and fuel economy. Regular maintenance is expensive but I expected that with BMW. No problems, except for the lousy cup holders. They break easily and are practically useless. Trunk could be bigger (height wise). Buy a good used 530i and you will never look back! By far the best car that I have ever driven.

Favorite Features

A blast to drive, fuel economy, rain sensing wipers, memory settings, M- sports package, looks.

Suggested Improvements

REAL CUP HOLDERS PLEASE! Bigger Trunk, more rear seat leg room (I'm 6'4").

Bmw performance
By Mr.Bmw

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is one of the best cars I ever driven. The styling is very terrific. I love my xenon lights and the rounded fog lamps. The leather seats can feel a little uncomfortable at times but if you're not going on long trips it should be just right. The thing I hate most is the reliability. I seem to find myself at my local Bmw dealership about every month for such things like noises, brakes etc.

Suggested Improvements

cupholders!! (they stink), fuel economy!

Very Happy
By mike2lane

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car because of its lower comparable depreciation, and I couldn't be happier. My only problem is that I really would like better drink holders... how American, I know! The drive is impressively smooth to the point where my friends make comments and two have bought one themselves. I recommend this car if for no other reason than the great service I get at most dealerships come time for service.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the steering.

Suggested Improvements

better drink holders, plusher leather (like the H2 seats), a hybrid model for improved mileage. That's it! The rest is PERFECT!

Excellence
By owner

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When this thing gets out in the road you can't even hear the engine but that power is directly under your foot. When you unleash this car on the highway you feel a sense of love. You would understand if you've even driven one. With the sport package on this car you get a great amount of features especially that suspension it makes you feel like your driving on a pillow. I love the way you can just drive without feeling uncomfortable. You can go on long trips without even feeling like you just have to get out the car and walk. The way the seats hug you when you drive is a thing of delight. It has the real BMW power in all ways. It's just great fun to drive. This car is the ultimate driving machine.

Favorite Features

My favorite features on this car have to be the heated bucket seats and the great sound system this vehicle has. Although the climate controls are great also, these are just as equal. The power seats are great features and the standard alloy wheels give the car a very sexy look to match its sexy feel.

Suggested Improvements

I would improve the cars reliabilty and fuel economy. This thing can eat gas if you are a person who constantly drives it. Although it's great, I would also improve its defrosting system. It goes to full power every time you turn it on which makes talking to a passenger a great pain. This car is an A+++

Exellence all you can expect from BMW
By Jaixl

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great Handeling The only manufactur that have being able to create a perfect machine thats its in constant comunication with your sences and your soul.

Favorite Features

Desing love it from any angle I look at it.

Suggested Improvements

Satellite Radio, and a longer wheel base. I guess I am asking for a 7 series ...lol..