2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Ultimate driving machine! Buy it !
By robotech on 10/04/05 23:10 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. I find myself making excuses just to go for a drive in this car. This car will truely put a smile on your face every time you take it out. I drove the 525, 528, 530 and 540 as well as MB E320, Lexus GS300 & GS400 and even Volvo S80 models before settling on the 530i. In my opinion the 530i is the best choice in this series for power and fuel economy. Regular maintenance is expensive but I expected that with BMW. No problems, except for the lousy cup holders. They break easily and are practically useless. Trunk could be bigger (height wise). Buy a good used 530i and you will never look back! By far the best car that I have ever driven.

not a great bimmer but a bimmer
By Carlover on 10/03/05 21:52 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned it for 4 years.I now have it at college. Looks are nice yet little to understated for me. Handling is awsome! Much better looking then E- class. Interior is fitting of a 40k german luxery sedan.We haven't had any reliability issues at all, just regular maintenance. Good for starting business person. However it lacks the power (which is the ultimate luxury) and prestige of an M5 or 760i. Which I know cost more. Also decent gas mileage.

BMW... There is no other.
By Dutch von Bimmer on 07/16/05 01:42 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a fantastic car. I think BMW broke the mold with this body style. I have loved this car every minute I have owned it. I have had many offers to buy this car. No chance, amigos! Get your own car.

BMW 540i sport, premium 6
By Robert L. Huser on 07/06/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is the ultimate driving machine. From the engine, transmission, overall gearing, handling, comfort, and sound system (DSP audio & engine) this machine rocks. Its also the best looking car on the road with very reasonable economy for the performance experienced. Averaged 26.4 mpg on latest 1500 mile vacation. This car satisfies all my wants, needs, and wishes. Forget complaining about useless cupholders, pickup a set of door pocket mounted holders at BMW accessory counter. Only unlucky reliability issues could bring complaints about this otherwise perfect overall automobile. You just can't beat a V8 manual transmission combo for all out driving excitement. Just awesome!!

She's a Smoker!
By Blue Charvel on 06/29/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome car, got a CPO after coming to the end of my '99 328i lease. Powerful and quiet, it does everything with a touch of class (even beating the pants off a CLK430 the other day :D ). I didn't buy it for the cupholders or fuel economy so really the only thing I could complain about is the standard stereo system... could be better, not quite crisp enough, gets too mushy at high volumes. Other than that minor detail, I love this car! Went through an adjustment period after the 3, the 5 handles much differently being quite heavy but after the last 5 months I'm hooked.

Bmw performance
By Mr.Bmw on 06/04/05 12:29 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is one of the best cars I ever driven. The styling is very terrific. I love my xenon lights and the rounded fog lamps. The leather seats can feel a little uncomfortable at times but if you're not going on long trips it should be just right. The thing I hate most is the reliability. I seem to find myself at my local Bmw dealership about every month for such things like noises, brakes etc.

Best of the Best
By Shashi on 04/05/05 10:58 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second one, handling is awesome. Especially on highways. Seating design is excellent. On other cars, I can't drive more then 3 hrs at a straight, with my back pain, but in my 540 I can drive more then 8 hrs straight. One of the most comfortable car to drive and you can leave your worries behind. Makes your presence on the road to others ... Sure there are lots of other cars on the road, but its BMW .. :)

Very Happy
By mike2lane on 03/13/05 21:59 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car because of its lower comparable depreciation, and I couldn't be happier. My only problem is that I really would like better drink holders... how American, I know! The drive is impressively smooth to the point where my friends make comments and two have bought one themselves. I recommend this car if for no other reason than the great service I get at most dealerships come time for service.

Best Sports Sedan
By Steven Sistrunk on 02/26/05 01:52 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just picked up my '01 CPO 525i today. It has 51,800 miles but it feels exceptionally solid. Fit and finish is awesome...even after 4 years!!!

Excellence
By owner on 01/13/05 18:43 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When this thing gets out in the road you can't even hear the engine but that power is directly under your foot. When you unleash this car on the highway you feel a sense of love. You would understand if you've even driven one. With the sport package on this car you get a great amount of features especially that suspension it makes you feel like your driving on a pillow. I love the way you can just drive without feeling uncomfortable. You can go on long trips without even feeling like you just have to get out the car and walk. The way the seats hug you when you drive is a thing of delight. It has the real BMW power in all ways. It's just great fun to drive. This car is the ultimate driving machine.