2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Ultimate driving machine! Buy it !
By robotech on 10/04/05 23:10 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. I find myself making excuses just to go for a drive in this car. This car will truely put a smile on your face every time you take it out. I drove the 525, 528, 530 and 540 as well as MB E320, Lexus GS300 & GS400 and even Volvo S80 models before settling on the 530i. In my opinion the 530i is the best choice in this series for power and fuel economy. Regular maintenance is expensive but I expected that with BMW. No problems, except for the lousy cup holders. They break easily and are practically useless. Trunk could be bigger (height wise). Buy a good used 530i and you will never look back! By far the best car that I have ever driven.

Bmw performance
By Mr.Bmw on 06/04/05 12:29 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is one of the best cars I ever driven. The styling is very terrific. I love my xenon lights and the rounded fog lamps. The leather seats can feel a little uncomfortable at times but if you're not going on long trips it should be just right. The thing I hate most is the reliability. I seem to find myself at my local Bmw dealership about every month for such things like noises, brakes etc.

Very Happy
By mike2lane on 03/13/05 21:59 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car because of its lower comparable depreciation, and I couldn't be happier. My only problem is that I really would like better drink holders... how American, I know! The drive is impressively smooth to the point where my friends make comments and two have bought one themselves. I recommend this car if for no other reason than the great service I get at most dealerships come time for service.

Excellence
By owner on 01/13/05 18:43 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When this thing gets out in the road you can't even hear the engine but that power is directly under your foot. When you unleash this car on the highway you feel a sense of love. You would understand if you've even driven one. With the sport package on this car you get a great amount of features especially that suspension it makes you feel like your driving on a pillow. I love the way you can just drive without feeling uncomfortable. You can go on long trips without even feeling like you just have to get out the car and walk. The way the seats hug you when you drive is a thing of delight. It has the real BMW power in all ways. It's just great fun to drive. This car is the ultimate driving machine.

Exellence all you can expect from BMW
By Jaixl on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great Handeling The only manufactur that have being able to create a perfect machine thats its in constant comunication with your sences and your soul.

another happy customer
By jefflieb on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

4 bmw and very happy

Superb fun sporty sedan
By Stan on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second 5 series BMW. It provides the fun driving experience of a truly responsive car while providing the room and flexibility I need to also use it for work. It is a joy to drive on the highway especially in the mountains. It makes going to meetings fun. Given todays gas prices I appreciate the true 32 mpg I get on the highway. The controls and guages are all easy to read and work. I wish mine had the more extensive trip computer. I have found nothing that matches the handling and sheer fun of driving a stick shift BMW. There have been minor mechanical glitches which have been fixed under the BMW warranty.

the best of the best
By tony wyan on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What can I say other than this vehicle is fun fun fun-not just transportation.Add the streptronic transmission and you get the thrill of a lifetime-driving a true sports machine and loving every mile you drive.I have driven them all but this one leads the pack in all catagories- the best..

2001 530i with Premium/Xenon
By kashvyas on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my 2001 530i after a few months of research but dealer left a bad taste. The car is fun to drive and looks awesome but seems to require regular visits to the shop for various issues like radio, cup holders, wipers, bulbs, etc. The dealer experience is terrible - I have tried 4 different dealers over 3+ years and it is the only major regret I have (enough to make be go to another brand for my next car). Poor handling in snow. Front bumper is low enough to require frequent visits to the shop. Side and rear visibility is poor due to small mirrors and huge headrests.

Definitely the ultimate driving machine
By RickBMW on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've ever owned. Everything about it reeks of quality and attention to detail. Gas mileage does suffer in city driving (16 mpg) but it gets a whopping 30 mpg on the highway and it's smooth as glass.