Used 2001 BMW 5 Series Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW 5 Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Amazing!
By coop540

2001 BMW 5 Series Wagon 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Wow. That's all I keep saying everyday I drive this car. After years of lumbering around in SUV's of all sizes I started looking at BMW wagons on the strong advice of two good friends. Now I am forever indebted to them! This car is an absolute dream to drive and I really don't feel that I have lost much (if any) cargo space. The power delivery is powerfully smooth and seemingly never ending. The car is very quite and handles like its on rails! You will want to drive everywhere! If you have the opportunity to pick up the 540i rather than the 528i or 525i, do it! This car has put the fun back into driving for me!

Attention to detail (the German's know how to build a driver's car!), gorgeous lines, the power and handling!

More room for back seat passengers, a better console arm rest without the useless cut out, storage under the console armrest, integrated holder for sunglasses, CD changer with ESP to eliminate skips, better cup holders, and loose the sunshade brackets on the bottom cushions of the back

simple and nice
By MongMong

it's simple, classy, nice

shape

premium sound

Uber Wagon
By JAMindfw

2001 BMW 5 Series Wagon 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Not only the best wagon on the market, but the best car. The wagon actually gives you 50/50 weight distribution. Handles better than the sedan. The extra torque of the 540 is worth the investment. I have used it to haul and road trips, etc. Did a euro delivery too, so got to drive it on home turf. Seeing euro delivery is actually cheaper, one would be crazy not to buy that way. New wagons won't be available (E60) til 2005-06.

Engine, Nav, split fold down rear seats.

A manual, diesel engine, better mileage. Don't need cup holder, just need to drive.

Love my wagon!
By 01 525 Wagon Owner

2001 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Wen my wife and I were about to have our first child a couple of years ago, we looked at every SUV on the market. Nothing satisfied us, plus the fuel mileage for the SUV's was horrible. My wife then suggested a BMW wagon. We went to the dealership, and I was pleasantly surprised! We have the sport package that makes the car sit a bit lower with nice low-profile tires. It also has tight steering due to the sport package. I feel comfortable driving this car even when the kids (we have since had another one) are not in the car.

Performance. Styling.

Better cupholders. Better stereo sound quality. Improvement to design of front bumper bottom to resist snagging/scraping on concrete parking guards.

most bang 4 the buck
By LION MCCOY

2001 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

i've always wanted a wagon,however, i dont have any kids...YET.the price of this vehicle was enough for me 2 sign $28,000 for a 2001 bmw 525i wagon w/ only 22,000 miles i have had sooooo much fun driving u can buy bmw's back of book

comfort @ high speeds looks good in black lowerd w/ dark tint u can call me "gangster geek"

starting off could be a lil' smoother kind of jerky off the line