Used 2001 BMW 5 Series 530i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

I love this car
By Destiny

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee before this, so I am used to well made cars with power, but this car I must gives a driving experience far better than the rest. Take good care of it though because every time my boyfriend is rough on it, it seems like something need to be repaired. Cup holders piss me off!! But other then that I looooovvvvveee this car soooooo much!

Driving Experience

Cup holders cup holders cup holders!

BMW = Bring My Wallet!
By Sissy

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This beauty is my second Bimmer and I am addicted to BMWs but can no longer justify the costly repairs. The first big repairs began shortly after purchasing. All went well until passing the 75,000 mark and then the expensive, timely and major repairs began...oil leaks, radiator/flywheel replacement, power steering, transmission, etc. The cup holder did break & the brake lights constantly require bulb replacement but those are so minor compared with the others. I LOVE my girl and feel so safe but can't afford these continuing repairs.

Heated seats! No blind spots. Greatest car ever when not in the shop. Most fun to drive on long trips.

Best car I've ever owned
By Rubens

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is one of the best bimmer ever made. Reliable and performance are the words describing this baby. For best drive you will need to maintain the car...and when I say maintaining I mean it. So far I spend about 1000$ a year (it's my 3rd year for breaks, oil and air filter...tune up). But I still enjoy and love this beast!!!!

Very reliable and performance is second to none. I never drove a car this fun to drive. The ultimate driving machine.

more horse power

Not that bad!
By josh37

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car in October of 2008 and I must say I'm not ashamed of my BMW. I get a lot of compliments all the time. It gets good gas mileage and has a lot of get up and go. I had a 2003 Nissan Maxima SE before this car and the BMW is as good as it. I'm only 16 also. I recently had to replace the alternator and I'm having to get new tires and rims because of a roaring noise but I was gonna get new tires and rims anyways so that is not a real big deal. Overall I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

Powerful, smooth ride, handles well, fun to drive. Compliments I get from my friends!!!

Improve radio, CD player will not played MP3 discs.

Black on Beige Sport/Premium
By The Tom

2001 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first non-US made car and I am in love with "my baby". I am 6'3" and 260 lbs. The 530 fits like a glove. Plus I have a family so I use the space of the 5-series. To me, it is the best of everything. As of this writing I have logged over 30k miles as I purchased pre-owned. Has had a bit more maintenance cost than my US cars however it is a high-end car which drives and looks like no other. Most issues are regular 'wear-out' items like H2O pump, hoses, belts.

Styling, engineering, handling, looks, 'Wow' factor, engineering, attention getter, fun to drive, really a classic sought after model (just a little larger than current 3-series as the 3 keeps getting bigger). And as one neighbor says, "Sweet".