2001 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
PERFORMANCE=10, BELLS & WHISTLES=5
By DIONGORCE on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

THIS WAS MY FIRST SEDAN (MARRIED), FOLLOWING MANY YEARS OF SPORTS CARS. AND I DON'T MISS THOSE SPORTS CARS. THIS 525i, PREM PACKAGE,PERFORMS ON FREEWAY AND CITY.

the Ultimate driving machine
By jayjay78 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

These must be the best built cars for around 45K. This car surly is not slow. Test drove Acura 3.2TL type S and the Lexus GS300 and still the BMW feels very well rounded when pushing the pedel and reciving the amount of power needed in all situations. Steering may seem heavy at first, after getting used to it makes you feel always so confidant and in control. Quietness seems to have been a big considertion when this car was designed, Ultra super smooth steering, ride, suspension, controls, EVERYTHING. Rear seat room is a bit smaller then other cars we test drove but not so much that it is uncomfortable. GREAT Job BMW.

2001 525i review
By gammak on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Other than for two recalls, very satisfied.

Best built car I've ever owned!
By garys on 03/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned most cars that are made. This is my first BMW- a 525 with auto, and premium package. Extremely responsive, quick, the smoothest transmission I have ever experienced. I have owned a Mercedes E320. They are two different animals but I prefer the BMW-and I do think it is a higher quality car-fit, finish-not much bad to say about it-the 530 is quicker, but the 525 is a good compromise.