2001 BMW 5 Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Buy It
By CinATL on 06/27/05 12:30 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Wagon 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife as a car to drive around kids in - I think I want it for myself! This car has got all the power you will need, excellent handling and it's smooth as silk. The 540, like the other posters say, is well worth it over the 528. There are too many great things about this car to list... simply love it, love it, love it.

Amazing!
By coop540 on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 5 Series Wagon 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Wow. That's all I keep saying everyday I drive this car. After years of lumbering around in SUV's of all sizes I started looking at BMW wagons on the strong advice of two good friends. Now I am forever indebted to them! This car is an absolute dream to drive and I really don't feel that I have lost much (if any) cargo space. The power delivery is powerfully smooth and seemingly never ending. The car is very quite and handles like its on rails! You will want to drive everywhere! If you have the opportunity to pick up the 540i rather than the 528i or 525i, do it! This car has put the fun back into driving for me!

Uber Wagon
By JAMindfw on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 5 Series Wagon 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Not only the best wagon on the market, but the best car. The wagon actually gives you 50/50 weight distribution. Handles better than the sedan. The extra torque of the 540 is worth the investment. I have used it to haul and road trips, etc. Did a euro delivery too, so got to drive it on home turf. Seeing euro delivery is actually cheaper, one would be crazy not to buy that way. New wagons won't be available (E60) til 2005-06.