2000 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Yeah, baby!!

2000 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

2000 BMW 5 Series

540i Sedan (4.4L V8)

Yeah, baby!!
By Childersb on

2000 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

My wife made me buy it. Honest! I was set on a 2002 Lexus IS300. Boy, was she ever right! There is just no comparison between the two. This is by far a classier, more powerful (and expensive) animal of a car! And, I bought it with17K miles for $10K below book. Yeah, baby!! I bought an Extended Warranty for $2400 and have gotten $2000 worth of use from it. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR THESE CARS!! As has been said, repairs are expensive -every time. Though, I have had no major issues with this car. I put Bridgestone Potenza SO-3 Pole Position tires - $1Kfor 4 - 20K miles a set - on this car. It LOVES the rain, almost better than the dry road. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Speed, handling, 6-speed, creature comforts inside. I can run off and leave just about anybody - and, boy is that fun.

The automatic climate controls leave something to be desired. 35 degrees outside, temp set to 74 degrees (bothsides) and it's blowing COLD A/C in my face - maddening. United BMW can't seem to hear me tell them it's BROKEN. Tomohawks are pretty fragile and expensive to replace. Cupholders SUCK!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review