2000 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Best Car I've ever owned

2000 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

Best Car I've ever owned
By WoodyWW on

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Wagon

I bought my wagon at 1.5 years old from a BMW dealer. It had 10,600 miles & was CPO. 9 years later it has just under 30K miles, & still looks & drives like new. I had 2 repairs under warranty; a brake sensor, & a broken door handle. At warranty end, I started taking it to an excellent indie bmw shop. During that time, the only repairs have been: the tailgate latch failed twice, costing $200-$300 each time. And now A/C needs recharge or repair, I'm a bit nervous about that. But all in all, to spend only around $1k in 9 years on maintenance & repairs on an expensive Euro car I consider amazing. (I owned a used Range Rover-under warranty!-it cost me that in one year).

Very very nice, solid car with 6 airbags. The wagon is great, you gain all the hauling capacity w/o giving up any performance. Very nice interior, clean looking, with fairly simple controls (pre-"i-drive"). Non run-flat tires (with a spare!). "Fit & finish", & build quality, are exemplary.

I'm amazed at the # of people here still taking their 10 y.o. bmw to a dealer for a repairs. Folks, do yourselves a favor, find the best indie bmw shop in your area, even if the closest one is an hour away.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review