It rocks, but fix the climate control
By BMW Lover on
2000 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan
I bought this one with 17k miles on it - for $10K under book. What a deal!!! I replaced the noisy Yokohamas with Bridgestone SO2's (Pole Positions) and could actually hear the beautiful engine sounds. Handles like a dream - loves the rainy roads almost better than the dry. Always ready to go as fast as I dare and never balks. I bought an extended warranty to 7 years/100K miles - great idea. I've gotten more than I paid for the warranty in paid repairs - some are right expensive. Biggest complaint is that BMW Service can't seem to find out why it is blowing A/C in my face when it's 45 degrees outside and I've got both thermostats set on 78-80 degrees. It makes me crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!
Favorite Features
Speed, handling, wood burl trim, fit & finish - German design and engineering (except for the can holders & plastic door handles)
Suggested Improvements
The climate control system seems to have lost it's brain. Surely there is a way to regulate the temperature to maintain an even temperature without the wild swings. I think the temp sensor is right behind the can holders - odd place and reacts to drink temps to regulate interior climate.