2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Wonderful vehicle.
By DKGR on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used with 22,000 miles on it. It was absolutely spotless. Mine has the Sport and Premium packages and is beautiful both in and out. I was afraid that the 2.8L V-6 would not be powerful enough, but it is more than adequate for the type of driving I do. Besides, the wonderful suspension, brakes and steering more than make up for it, and your gas mileage is a lot better as well. I owned two Lexus ES 300s before this. They were both very competent automobiles, but cannot hold a candle to the 528 in terms of driving experience.

Riding a Silver Bullet
By TranC on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

This is definitely a driver's car. My only complaint is that I should have gotten the sports package. You definitely get the lookies from other luxury car drivers. The torque-ie engine makes the car feel a lot faster than it really is, but at cruising speeds, the passing power of this car can be felt and seen by those in your rear view mirror; all you have to do is nudge on the gas a bit, all without having to downshift like other cars. This is, after all, a car meant for the autobahn where everyone drives like speed racer.

needs better feature quality.
By patrickandmike on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

great drivers car, but why do so many things break on it? seems ours is cursed by that and being a "target" of problems (keying of total car, rock chips in windshield, nails in tires, shredding of tire sidewall when rotating, cupholder breaking, shimmying at fwy speeds a couple of times for no reason, cd changer jamming up, etc.). love the engine, but needs better interior quality.

2000 528i BMW Review
By Wildman66 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I drove my first 5 series to my senior prom almost 20 years ago - borrowed my aunt's and was 2 days late bringing it back! Finally able to get my own and am loving it. Ride is firm but supple - never harsh or unpredicatable. Solid vehicle throughout - wish my Ford SuperCoupe had some of the same characteristics.

A recent addition to the BMW Family
By DEE528SP on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I just purchased my first BMW(528IA Sport) and I have certainly been missing out on life! The performance of this vehicle is phenomenal, and the styling is distinctive and impeccable.

Close to perfect
By BMWBOY on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

great car
By raroberts on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

A great driving machine. Does 120 as easy as 65.

Big time repair bills
By bentrodri1 on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

This car is idyllic for the performance driver that likes to go fast.

BMW 528i
By skeetjunkie on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Great European sports sedan for the money. Unless you're driving the Autobahn or wide open roads of the West, the 528i gets you there plenty fast with much better gas mileage than its bigger brothers. Have owned 528s since '85 and this particular model design is their best yet.

is it worth it?
By mykey on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I had the 328 convertible before "upgrading" to the 528. Loved the 328 so much I just knew that my next car would be a BMW. I had the car for a few months and had some problems with the service dept. and some suspention problems. 1st thing the cool looking brushed 17" aluminum rims had some scratches and pitting.. The dealership decided to fix this problem by painting them silver. What a joke.. They finally did the right thing and replaced the rims. After 6000 miles I am getting a rumbling noise. The tire have worn.. They tell me that this is normal. If I knew this before hand I would have never bought it with the Sport Package.