2000 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Great Car !
By T. Hopkins on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. No problems.

great great car
By nytwinsis on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 2000 528ia w/sport premium pkg for 4 years and love it today as much as I did when I first got behind the wheel of this incredible car. I take full advantage of the steptronic tranni' which makes this amazingly great handling luxury sport sedan a pure pleasure to own. Thought of trading in on a new VW, but backed out every time, because I am confident I will be hugely disappointed.

2000 528i
By bakmtpm on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

After almost 4 years of driving experience with the 528, this car is by far the best automobile I have ever owned.

Manual 528i
By PR Driver on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

Best car I've owned, period. No car handles and performs as well for the price. Reliability has been superb.

4 an Awesume Driving Experience..
By calderon on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I have owned many many cars but never a BMW. I had heard they were fun to drive but that was all. After purchasing mine, I have never enjoyed my commute to work as I do now. I feel safe and comfortable in this car. All controls are easy to reach and well thought out! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO ANY OTHER MANUFACTOR... My NEXT CAR WILL BE A BMW!!

Wonderful vehicle.
By DKGR on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used with 22,000 miles on it. It was absolutely spotless. Mine has the Sport and Premium packages and is beautiful both in and out. I was afraid that the 2.8L V-6 would not be powerful enough, but it is more than adequate for the type of driving I do. Besides, the wonderful suspension, brakes and steering more than make up for it, and your gas mileage is a lot better as well. I owned two Lexus ES 300s before this. They were both very competent automobiles, but cannot hold a candle to the 528 in terms of driving experience.

Riding a Silver Bullet
By TranC on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

This is definitely a driver's car. My only complaint is that I should have gotten the sports package. You definitely get the lookies from other luxury car drivers. The torque-ie engine makes the car feel a lot faster than it really is, but at cruising speeds, the passing power of this car can be felt and seen by those in your rear view mirror; all you have to do is nudge on the gas a bit, all without having to downshift like other cars. This is, after all, a car meant for the autobahn where everyone drives like speed racer.

This thing rocks!
By SteveW on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Wagon

I have owned a Saab 9000 turbo, a Range Rover, a BMW 6-Series, etc. All-in-all, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's "subtle", esp. w/the 6 cyl. It's so competent, so smooth, esp. with the auto trans., that it took me awhile to realize the many ways in which it excels. Just take a 5-Series on a road trip.....10 miles out, you're thinking, "OK, I could drive to Canada right now, no problem!" I used to wish for the V8, but the BMW 6 cylinders are legendary for reliability, smoothness, & make really nice sounds. The "Touring" model is a bonus; all the goodness of a Five, but more distinctive, & with cargo capacity.

needs better feature quality.
By patrickandmike on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

great drivers car, but why do so many things break on it? seems ours is cursed by that and being a "target" of problems (keying of total car, rock chips in windshield, nails in tires, shredding of tire sidewall when rotating, cupholder breaking, shimmying at fwy speeds a couple of times for no reason, cd changer jamming up, etc.). love the engine, but needs better interior quality.

2000 528i BMW Review
By Wildman66 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I drove my first 5 series to my senior prom almost 20 years ago - borrowed my aunt's and was 2 days late bringing it back! Finally able to get my own and am loving it. Ride is firm but supple - never harsh or unpredicatable. Solid vehicle throughout - wish my Ford SuperCoupe had some of the same characteristics.