2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
fun, but unreliable
By seeker88 on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

It looks good, a bit underpowered, but is fun to drive. However, its reliability is very poor, especially if you owned a Japanese car before. Also, the dealership is always busy, and with its reliability, you might as well onw a second car, otherwise you'll be renting alot (the dealership never has any loaner cars).

2000 BMW 528iA
By Rayik on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Everything about the car is great, I just wish it had a little more power.

Love our BMW!
By Pistol on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Purchased used (a one owner lease return) 528I w/sports package and 38,500 miles last year. Have driven it for 10,000 miles and it has been flawless. I have never owned an automobile that felt soooo secure - this car really handles. Previously owned a Saab and a couple of Volvos. My wife drives it every day - I get to drive it on trips - she says she never wants to own another car make - only BMW (and I don't disagree!)

2000 528I
By wingding on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. It handles great. It has great acceleration. All the small usability details are there as well. I got the premium sports package and found the few small issues I have with the car here. The front bumper scrapes on EVERYTHING. It has caused some damage to the underside of the front bumper. I am 6'4" tall and the car barely accomodates somebody of my size. BMW does offer a sport seat package that will allow for about 2" more of height. Had I known this I would have gladly purchased the more expensive seats.

Raves
By wdc_1 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Just bought this car, but its everything I thought it would be and more. It's the ultimate performance car. Bravo BMW.

Great Car !
By T. Hopkins on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. No problems.

great great car
By nytwinsis on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 2000 528ia w/sport premium pkg for 4 years and love it today as much as I did when I first got behind the wheel of this incredible car. I take full advantage of the steptronic tranni' which makes this amazingly great handling luxury sport sedan a pure pleasure to own. Thought of trading in on a new VW, but backed out every time, because I am confident I will be hugely disappointed.

2000 528i
By bakmtpm on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

After almost 4 years of driving experience with the 528, this car is by far the best automobile I have ever owned.

Manual 528i
By PR Driver on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Best car I've owned, period. No car handles and performs as well for the price. Reliability has been superb.

4 an Awesume Driving Experience..
By calderon on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I have owned many many cars but never a BMW. I had heard they were fun to drive but that was all. After purchasing mine, I have never enjoyed my commute to work as I do now. I feel safe and comfortable in this car. All controls are easy to reach and well thought out! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO ANY OTHER MANUFACTOR... My NEXT CAR WILL BE A BMW!!