2000 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews 6

2000 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
head turner
By ravenfan52 on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

After 18 years of driving many different vehicles, my 540i with the sport/M package is by far the best car I've ever owned. I recently test drove a M5 and honestly, it feels only slightly faster than my 540i. The car is now 4 years old and still turns heads at stoplights! Especially fun is blowing away the kids in the ricers'; they don't know what they're up against! : )I'd definitely buy one again..

Finally A Grown Up Car!!
By pikesfish on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Wagon

After owing two previous Toyotas I took a chance on a BMW and have not looked back. Impressed with safety record, handling, power and performance. Definitely would consider purchasing another one in the future. Can't say enough about the looks when I pull up at work now. Thanks

Great!!!!
By Angeleyes on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I've always owned a BMW but only with the 3 series family. However, I finally upgraded to 5 series and its great. It feels heavy bec of lack of power but it has been reliable and has not given me any problem as of yet. I will always own a bmw just bec they are safe. I got into an accident(Truck T bone my car, passenger side) and none or I got injured. Great car.

Awesume car to own and drive!!!
By R J Calderon on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

This car is a pleasure to own and drive... I never used to look forward to driving in traffic...

528i pre-owned sport
By bwmowner on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

Quality vehicle. My second BMW (both 5- speed manuals). Saved me big time when hit by red-light runner, so proven safety record. V6 gets me up onto frwy very nicely and out of 'jams' . Exceptional on long trips and gas mileage around 32mpg hwy avg. Only problems have been electronic, as on my 1998 5-series; guess it's the Germans. Also some seat rattles no one can fix. I'll take manual trans over auto trans any day (I'm middle aged female, too!). Now ISO a pre-owned 2003, manual transmission.

fun, but unreliable
By seeker88 on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

It looks good, a bit underpowered, but is fun to drive. However, its reliability is very poor, especially if you owned a Japanese car before. Also, the dealership is always busy, and with its reliability, you might as well onw a second car, otherwise you'll be renting alot (the dealership never has any loaner cars).

2000 BMW 528iA
By Rayik on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

Everything about the car is great, I just wish it had a little more power.

Love our BMW!
By Pistol on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

Purchased used (a one owner lease return) 528I w/sports package and 38,500 miles last year. Have driven it for 10,000 miles and it has been flawless. I have never owned an automobile that felt soooo secure - this car really handles. Previously owned a Saab and a couple of Volvos. My wife drives it every day - I get to drive it on trips - she says she never wants to own another car make - only BMW (and I don't disagree!)

2000 528I
By wingding on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. It handles great. It has great acceleration. All the small usability details are there as well. I got the premium sports package and found the few small issues I have with the car here. The front bumper scrapes on EVERYTHING. It has caused some damage to the underside of the front bumper. I am 6'4" tall and the car barely accomodates somebody of my size. BMW does offer a sport seat package that will allow for about 2" more of height. Had I known this I would have gladly purchased the more expensive seats.

Raves
By wdc_1 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

Just bought this car, but its everything I thought it would be and more. It's the ultimate performance car. Bravo BMW.