1999 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Brace yourself

1999 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

Brace yourself
By Hang on on

1999 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

Bought the 99 540i-6speed w M-Sport suspension 2 months ago with 137K. I didn't have the BMW bug until I went with my son to test drive one. A month later I bought this car. Doing all the maintenance myself. I saw the previous owner was spending $$$ on maintenance, at the dealership. The trip to work has never been the same since. Everyday I get out of the car absolutely amazed. Accelerates like a space shuttle, turns like a cat, shifts flawlessly ...this cars performance is awe inspiring. I am sure there are faster cars, but nothing will touch it under $50K. Something will go wrong, I am sure. When it does, I will just recall this wonderful feeling and repair her back to original ;-)

During the test ride the previous owner said put it in second, I was doing 60 MPH. So, I did. Still had more room to go till redline and 4 more gears! Excellent fuel economy if you can keep your right foot out of it which I cannot do!!! FUN TO DRIVE!

This is a driver's car. The cup holders are horrible. Also storage is in the door panels, center console is big enough for an iPod, that is it!