1999 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
I love my wagon!!
By rbud on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Wagon

Other than lousy cupholders, this car is the best I have ever had. Solid, safe, reliable and fun to drive. Great visability. Lots of cargo room (I haul our two labs from time to time). Snappy features, such as tool kit hidden in the hatch panel, red safety lights on doors & hatch. Quality fit and finish. Airbags, side bags and head curtain ahad of anybody.

Fair Assessment
By C Krebs on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

This is the third BMW 5 Series that I have owned, and I have bought all of them used about 2 years old. My specs for buying each of them have been to get a black 4-door, 6 cylinder, manual transmission with less than 50,000 miles on it. When I sold my first two BMWs, each had more than 200,000 miles on it, got great mileage (27+ MPG on the road, and both were running extremely well. Current model(1999)feels heavier, but gets better mileage, and a BMW is fun to drive.

First BMW - Aquired Loyalty : 10
By S3vSt3R on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

It is just unbelievable. Handling is just perfect. This car is such a solid performer, that it makes me smile every day when I have to drive it to work. I am against buying used cars, but after test drive I changed my mind on this one.

Coolest Looking Wagon
By andre on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Wagon

Built like a tank but handles like a sports car. I have the six cylinder version. Sometimes I long for the 8 but overall performance is strong, particularly at high cruising speeds.

Coolest Looking Wagon
By Andre on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

528iT
By branmur on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Wagon

great alternative to a mini van and SUV

Just what the dorctor ordered....
By Joynkev on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

Having trst driven everything in this class that Mercedes, Audi, Lexus and Jaguar had to offer, I returned to the 540 with open arms. The 6-speed stick- shift just clinched it for me every time. (The M5 had not yet been released, and at $75K+...er...I don't think so).

Can't Touch This!
By Chris977 on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

The 5-series definitely sets the standards by which all other sedans should be measured. Each and every day the car continues to amaze me! The steering and handling is like no other car I've owned. The car simply handles and looks flawlessly. It was engineered extremely well, if not even over-engineered!

Pure Pleasure
By ClaireKrais on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

This car's overall performance and luxury is excellent. A solid car that drives out perfectly as if it were still brand new. This is my second BMW. The only thing better than my 528iA...could only be the new 745Li!

540
By bentrodri on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

All that a perfermormance sedan can be. Outstanding car!