1999 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
NICE CAR
By KOLYA on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

HI THIS IS KOLYA I GOT MY BMW JUST RIGHT NOW IT IS NICE CAR AND BEUTIFUL TO DRIVE IT.I HILY RECOMEDET FOR EVERY BODY.

Un-Beemer-Lievable
By Mr. Beems on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

Outstanding handling; beautiful, classic design, reliability, outstanding service.....and those are the low points. I can't wait to purchase my next Beemer; hopefully the new 7 or the newest 5 series.

Great Car!
By Kencal on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I bought my BMW 528 back in 1999 and have enjoyed it a lot over the past 4 years. I had a few repairs so far, the worst was the breakdown of the board computer after 3 1/2 years which set me back about $1,200.

can't beat a 5 series
By nmexmatt on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I am a BMW fanatic. I currently have an 850 and a 528i. The 5 series is just a superb vehicle. Very solid. Love the steering wheel controls. I prefer the locking system and cruise control of my 8 series better, but other than that the 5 is an all around great machine.

Fair Assessment
By C Krebs on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

This is the third BMW 5 Series that I have owned, and I have bought all of them used about 2 years old. My specs for buying each of them have been to get a black 4-door, 6 cylinder, manual transmission with less than 50,000 miles on it. When I sold my first two BMWs, each had more than 200,000 miles on it, got great mileage (27+ MPG on the road, and both were running extremely well. Current model(1999)feels heavier, but gets better mileage, and a BMW is fun to drive.

First BMW - Aquired Loyalty : 10
By S3vSt3R on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

It is just unbelievable. Handling is just perfect. This car is such a solid performer, that it makes me smile every day when I have to drive it to work. I am against buying used cars, but after test drive I changed my mind on this one.

Can't Touch This!
By Chris977 on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

The 5-series definitely sets the standards by which all other sedans should be measured. Each and every day the car continues to amaze me! The steering and handling is like no other car I've owned. The car simply handles and looks flawlessly. It was engineered extremely well, if not even over-engineered!

Pure Pleasure
By ClaireKrais on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

This car's overall performance and luxury is excellent. A solid car that drives out perfectly as if it were still brand new. This is my second BMW. The only thing better than my 528iA...could only be the new 745Li!

awesome and fun to drive!!
By sara on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

what a fun car to drive. just turned 40 and growing bored with my chrysler lhs. too young to be so bored so bought a bimmer!! i actually smile and get my adrenline flowing with thhis car. only problem is no place to take it and let me hair down!!!!! :)

Upgrade to newer year
By bwilljr on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I just moved up from my 97 to a 99 528IA. So sweet. I was looking at new Nissan Altima's, used Volvo S-80's, and Infinity G35's. Bottom line - they are not the ultimate drivig machine. Buy a ceritifed used vehicle, beat on the dealer, do your homework on price (TMV with Edmunds and look at Car & Drivers websote as well as Kelly Blue Book on line), sell your used car, and take advantage of BMW financing (I'm in at 3.9 60 months, 100%). You will not be sorry.