1998 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: My wife hates it???

1998 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

My wife hates it???
By L. Lindahl on

1998 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

This is the finest car I have ever owned. Recently we moved to NC where almost everyone drives a truck, so of course I talked my wife into trading in her 94 Volvo 850 turbo wagon in on a new Tundra which I now drive, giving her the privledge of driving the BMW. She hates it??? She claims the most comfortable seats in the world are hurting her legs, and the dash controls are too complicated. I keep offering to let her have the truck, but she doesn't want to drive something that big everyday. We will soon be trading in this beautiful classic for a new Cross Country, breaking my 18 year streak of owning BMW's. It's too bad the truck is so practical.

I have never owned a car that puts the driver in such a perfect position between the seat and the steering wheel for enjoying the incredible handling this car puts forth.

The cup holders should have been recalled long ago. They really are a driving hazzard if you make the mistake of using them.