Used 1998 BMW 5 Series 528i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

My first BMW
By mseals

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I can't believe how incredible this car is. Even though it is a used CPO, this car continues to amaze me with it features. Power, smoothness, quietness, are just a few words that epitomize this car. I don't think I can ever go back to a plain car again.

Favorite Features

5 sp, and the power features, memory seats and a great stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

should have make a in dash cd standard a long time ago. I can't get one now, except from the dealer and they cost $600.

1998 BMW 528
By Bob Gottlieb

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I have been driving BMW's off & on for 20 yrs. Started with 3's, movedup to 5's. Driven Saabs, Infinitis and Mercedes in between. No other production sedan handles like a BMW. Quiet, catlike on turns and NOTHING brakes like a BMW. Great sight lines too.

Favorite Features

Brake response and cornering.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders

The Best Car Ever Made
By Mr. M

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

The only thing I would add to this car is factory installed radar detector.

Love at first drive
By kedubob

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Went into the dealership looking for an SUV, GMC Envoy( car of the year, ye right). Spend hours haggling, till we stumbled on this beemer on the lot, and in an hour I was out of there. I have lived happily ever after. There is something about this car. I just feel the respect everybody has for it, and I respect it too.It is like they are saying, take care of it, we are watching you , we love to watch that car. Of course evedrybody talks about their sister or brother-in-law who has one, I get to say I have one.

Favorite Features

The sports shift, Oh boy. No need to fuss with fools at an intersection or on ramp, you can always pass them before they reach 60mph if you want to.

Suggested Improvements

Somehow it has a terrible blind spot, The cheap cup holders gotta go, I have replaced mine twice they break in the same spot too. MP3 player babe

Good Performance
By ad

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

This car drives like sports car and feels like a tank! The solidness of this car is like non other. It has been very reliable and had it in the shop once after the warranty expired for a new thermostat replacement. I would recommend this car to anybody. Its well worth the money spent.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the smooth acceleration and awesome control of this car in corners. Drive it through the Rockies if you get a chance! (Hwy 50 and I70)

Suggested Improvements

More expensive looking finish inside the car,especially the dash area and controls.