Used 1998 BMW 5 Series 528i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Bmw 5-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

The way driving was meant to be!!!
By SlickRick

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I bought my 528i from a private owner in CA with 88k mi. on it. My drive back home to NM was nothing short of breathtaking! I was between 95 and 125 mph the entire way and it felt as though it wanted to keep going! HP is rated at 190+ but moves as good or better as most V8's, on the open road. Handling is great w/solid ride. Putting mi. on my car used to be something that I worried about because of resale value. Now that I have my 111k mi. e39 I don't worry about miles because I can't think of a better place to be than behind the wheel!

Favorite Features

Both interior and exterior styling. Sport Packge (lowered suspension,17" rims,etc.)Handling. Making the driver feel like they are in control.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders! They were already broken when I bought the car. The onboard computer to give an accurate reading on mpg. CD player instead of tape in dash. Replacing rotors @ every front brake job???

Great Buy
By westerner99

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Great buy...holds value well...reliable auto.

Favorite Features

Exterior look.

Suggested Improvements

None.

lots of fun!
By cachitongo

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I've only had my car for 2 weeks but am loving it! It is solid, predictable and responsive. Awesome brakes and suspension. Beautiful car - a real head turner! I'm glad I made the leap.

Favorite Features

looks, brakes, suspension, comfort, quiet.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo needs MAJOR improvement. A tape deck? please.

BMW 528i
By ruggierose

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

The car has be great since I have had it in '98. Handles well and is designed as you would expect from BMW.

Favorite Features

Handling is great. Quite, conmfortable ride combined with the tightness of a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

There are a couple of things BMW could do better though - tires wear annually. While there is a trade off with high performance, this could be improved. I have been through 2 batteries. In part, there is no auto light shutoff on this model.

Glad I bought it!!
By earl8

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I just traded in my 1995 Volvo 850 T5R after having it for 4 years... what was I waiting for!! I have always admired BMW's, but never a serious admirer until now!! I looked at the Q45, the GS 300 and the E430, but got a good deal on the BWM w/ relatively low miles for the year. It's as quiet as a cat and I like the overall smooth ride. Not crazy about the dreaded cupholders, the climate controls are a little strange, but minor complaints about a great vehicle. I feel like I finally arrived!!! Thanks BMW!!

Favorite Features

Love it!! Period!!

Suggested Improvements

CD changer in the trunk idea is old, cup holders need to be in a different space.