1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
My first BMW
By mseals on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I can't believe how incredible this car is. Even though it is a used CPO, this car continues to amaze me with it features. Power, smoothness, quietness, are just a few words that epitomize this car. I don't think I can ever go back to a plain car again.

1998 BMW 528
By Bob Gottlieb on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I have been driving BMW's off & on for 20 yrs. Started with 3's, movedup to 5's. Driven Saabs, Infinitis and Mercedes in between. No other production sedan handles like a BMW. Quiet, catlike on turns and NOTHING brakes like a BMW. Great sight lines too.

The Best Car Ever Made
By Mr. M on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

The only thing I would add to this car is factory installed radar detector.

Love at first drive
By kedubob on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Went into the dealership looking for an SUV, GMC Envoy( car of the year, ye right). Spend hours haggling, till we stumbled on this beemer on the lot, and in an hour I was out of there. I have lived happily ever after. There is something about this car. I just feel the respect everybody has for it, and I respect it too.It is like they are saying, take care of it, we are watching you , we love to watch that car. Of course evedrybody talks about their sister or brother-in-law who has one, I get to say I have one.

Good Performance
By ad on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

This car drives like sports car and feels like a tank! The solidness of this car is like non other. It has been very reliable and had it in the shop once after the warranty expired for a new thermostat replacement. I would recommend this car to anybody. Its well worth the money spent.

This car stole my heart!
By Cheryl on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

I purchased a brand new 98 528 with the 5 speed and sport package, drove it for 3 years... incredible car! I still miss it and my heart literally stops when I see a familiar artic silver profile on the road with a gray leather interior... just awesome car!

You can't do better than this...
By Kirk on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

A dream to own and drive. The Sport Suspension (rare on a 528i) is a big plus.

528i
By tennis15 on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

never had a problem

Nobody Does It Better
By TMPB on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Heat/AC control awkward, difficult to operate while driving, too long a reach around shifter, otherwise can't beat it, true pleasure to start it up and drive

One little problem after another
By Looking to Sell on 03/05/02 21:34 PM (PST)

1998 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan

Buy the extended warranty while still under manufacturers warranty and go long. Lots of $400 repairs with bigger ones to come