The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Bimmerman4ever on
1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan
Nothing bad can be said for BMWs in my experience. This is my first E34 type. And I love it so far, over 200k miles and still running great. (I like lucky to find a 5 speed and from the original owner). I've owned many E30 325i/e bimmers two over 280k miles and not one burned nor drip a drop of oil. my First BMW was a 85 528e five speed and that was was fun to drive also. The e or Eta type engines seem to last longer than the i engines, Though much less HP add a chip and a different ratio LSD and it makes all the difference. The E30 Type 3 series really sold me on BMW engineering prowess and there dedication superior performance and meticulous design.
Favorite Features
OBD, computer controls/displays, interior and stereo although dated with a cassette player is easily overcome by a cassette adapter with input from an Ipod. Handling and acceleration is predictable with no surprises when cornering hard.
Suggested Improvements
added space above the shift console could fit a utility tray or coin holder a cup holder could have been a pop out drawer somewhere, 17" rims would help appearance, and a small low powered sub woofer would improve overall stereo sound Bosch, Alternator bearing dries out and makes whining noise