1995 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Great car, classic styling

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Great car, classic styling
By bob in houston on

1995 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 75k miles on it, I now have over 165,000! As you'd expect, repairs are eventually required, I've done most of the work myself: water pump, radiator, front & rear rotors, shocks/struts front and rear, steering linkage. Yes, some of these cars have an engine block that causes a somewhat rough idle (blocks were made of an aluminum with nickel, the Nikasil blocks), but the sulphur content in older blends of U.S gasoline is not an issue anymore. This car has served me well, and I STILL get compliments on it when I fill'r'up at the gas station.

The trip computer is awesome on,long drives; radio has plenty of umph!, very good brakes, plenty o interior space; craftmanship of interios is excellent.

Ok, no cup holder, big deal! The body style of this car (E34) is a BMW classic. Sure, if you can get one with an Alusil engine block, doi, but don't overlook cars with the Nikasil blocks, mine has one an I'm still very happy with my investment.