1995 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
95 525i sedan
By tango on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Wagon

Car is great - also have 84 533i - New one one is more sophisticated - runs a s smooth as a sewing machine. Bought with 180,000k still extremely tight and handling is very crisp. Looks as good as the new style - maybe better. Needs cup holder.

540i The Ultimate Sedan
By Kevin_mahopac on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

I LOVE my 540i 6spd. It is fast 0-60 in 5.x sec, and luxurious. Having owned many true sports cars I was afraid the BMW was going to be too big to be fun, was I ever wrong. The car is an animal on the highway, cruising at 90mph @ 3,000rpm and has a huge reserve of torque in any gear. My only complaint was the shifter throw was long which was remedied by a short throw shift kit. this car has it all looks, quality, comfort, and gobs of speed.

Most Excellent
By Pink Floyd on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

First time Bimmer owner and now I see what James Bond was likin'. I got mine used with 114000 miles on it and it is in tremendous condition. Well cared for. Love the mileage and the power. Corners like a dream. Live in Colorado and it is cool in the hills. No outlay for repairs yet...but I'm sure they are coming. A hoot to drive.

Best used car value anywhere
By G. Wolfe on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

I bought my first e34 body style on Ebay because it was too cheap to pass up. It turned out to be the best car I had ever owned. The car had 135K and ran like a new car. The handling was indescribable. The car was totaled in an accident and it saved my 1yr. old and I from serious injury. I now have a 1995 540i Sport and would not give it up for a million bucks. (Actually yes I would)

Not your typical wagon
By AE on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon

Traded in a 525i for a wagon for more room. One of the best handling and performing cars; even in a wagon! The controls and build are solid and well placed. I get between 25-28 mpg on the highway fully loaded with kids. The rear wheel drive layout is perfectly matched to the smooth six. You don't even feel the transmission changing gears as you do in American cars. Everything feels solid about the car.

1995 BMW 530i
By jpac on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan

Excellent road car, great performance in any engine. Handling is best part of the car. Better than most new cars I have driven.

Best value for used sedan
By Steve C on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

First-time bimmer owner. Amazed at the quality of the ride, drive, and fit of the car. No wonder auto mags rave about this company. Gotta drive to understand. Handling is its top feature - road-holding tightness and smoothness of the inline 6 is amazing.

God bless Germany
By Steve T on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

The absolute best car I have ever driven, and some of the cars I have driven include the Q45, Lexus LS400, Saab 95 and the Acura RL. The handling is unreal, it takes turns like you would not believe. I mean what can you say about the the ultimate driving machine, other than it really is the ultimate driving machine.

Can't go wrong.
By Frankie The Shard on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

This was my first Bimmer, and I gotta tell ya, it is NICE. Smooth as silk on the highway, and the traction control really keeps you on the road in crappy conditions. So far, it's been pretty reliable. The only repair I've had to make was the fuel pump (quit at 125K) which was not that big of a deal. I got into an accident with this car, and WOW. I honestly believe this car saved my life. Worth the price for the safety alone!

1995 540i w/ Six Speed Manual Tranny
By esqtodd on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

With a budget of $20,000, I went to a couple of dealerships and drove some nice cars, like a 2000 Maxima and a 2002 Altima. First, I really don't like front wheel drive cars, which doesn't leave one with many options these days. Plus these cars (even the Maxima) seemed a bit sluggish. Then, I found a '95 BMW 5401 w/ a six-speed manual tranny. I asked about it and the salesguy said, "Oh, it's a manual shift...we can't seem to sell it." Well, for me...a six-speed is a real selling point. I took it for a spin and I could'nt believe the torque from that beast ! It had soooo much power and it handled so much better than the other cars I had driven.