1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
excellent car
By strongsafety841 on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

I have owned this vehicle for a few months now and I can honestly say I look forward to driving it everytime I drive. I just got some 17" M5 rims, so the car picks up the road a little more, but before when I had the 15" rims, it was the smoothest ride I could have ever imagined. It is also a very quick car , which I think is its best feature. I have had a few problems with the transmission so far, but I beleive that is due to it being 8 years old and is all part of owning a used car. The engine, however, is still running strong and I haven't had any problems with it other than the transmission.

1995 530i
By cjnel on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used from a friend that has taken great care of it. Very roomy inside. Much better than a 3 series. V8 engine that provides good top end power and has the fuel economy to prove it. A little slow out of the gate though. Maintenance is a real problem. It's hard to get the parts to fix it ourself and the guys down at the shop want too much. I've had a lot of problems with oil leaks and each time I go in to have them fixed, it costs me around $500.

Best Car of 90's
By sehmid on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

I have always wanted a 95 540i 6 spd manual, and was finally able to afford one. This car is amazing in every mannar. It is by far the best car you can purchase for under 15K, hands down. Extremely reliable, and awesome performance. I am just changing the wheels, and getting a ltd slip diff. Besides that, this car is better than any new 2002 or 2003 below 40K. Save your money, find a 540i 6spd and buy it if you can find it.

Solid, and classy
By Techmaniac on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Who would have known that a four door sedan would handle like a rocket ship. I had a littl 318, and the 5 was a definite step up in life. The power and feeling from the engine are great for any driver who likes to have complete control.

540i The Ultimate Sedan
By Kevin_mahopac on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

I LOVE my 540i 6spd. It is fast 0-60 in 5.x sec, and luxurious. Having owned many true sports cars I was afraid the BMW was going to be too big to be fun, was I ever wrong. The car is an animal on the highway, cruising at 90mph @ 3,000rpm and has a huge reserve of torque in any gear. My only complaint was the shifter throw was long which was remedied by a short throw shift kit. this car has it all looks, quality, comfort, and gobs of speed.

Most Excellent
By Pink Floyd on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

First time Bimmer owner and now I see what James Bond was likin'. I got mine used with 114000 miles on it and it is in tremendous condition. Well cared for. Love the mileage and the power. Corners like a dream. Live in Colorado and it is cool in the hills. No outlay for repairs yet...but I'm sure they are coming. A hoot to drive.

Best used car value anywhere
By G. Wolfe on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

I bought my first e34 body style on Ebay because it was too cheap to pass up. It turned out to be the best car I had ever owned. The car had 135K and ran like a new car. The handling was indescribable. The car was totaled in an accident and it saved my 1yr. old and I from serious injury. I now have a 1995 540i Sport and would not give it up for a million bucks. (Actually yes I would)

1995 BMW 530i
By jpac on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan

Excellent road car, great performance in any engine. Handling is best part of the car. Better than most new cars I have driven.

Best value for used sedan
By Steve C on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

First-time bimmer owner. Amazed at the quality of the ride, drive, and fit of the car. No wonder auto mags rave about this company. Gotta drive to understand. Handling is its top feature - road-holding tightness and smoothness of the inline 6 is amazing.

God bless Germany
By Steve T on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

The absolute best car I have ever driven, and some of the cars I have driven include the Q45, Lexus LS400, Saab 95 and the Acura RL. The handling is unreal, it takes turns like you would not believe. I mean what can you say about the the ultimate driving machine, other than it really is the ultimate driving machine.