1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
This car is great
By Stefan on 01/24/07 17:58 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. I have had two BMWs both 525i's. They are both great cars and you can't compare to the quality in it. Also is very good for drifting if you're into that thing.

Best car I ever drove (so far)
By melvin on 07/23/06 11:51 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Note: I own a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, 1991 Patherfinder, 1993 Ford Escort and there are no comparisons to any of them. I bought this 10 year old BMW with 91000 miles on it. I must say that this car is the best car I ever drove. The car makes me feel that I have full control of every inch to the car. It gives me the feeling for ESP, because the response time is incredible.

Wow
By DrFrank on 07/12/06 17:20 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

Purchased a used Dinan 5, 540ia supercharged. I had owned a 1985 735ia before. Interior was very close to the 735. Power and handling was vastly better. 0-60 in under 5 sec and 60-0 makes your stomach turn. Corners are FUN. 90 degree corner at 60 kph and no problem staying in my lane and No tire squeal. Wow, I have driven many sports cars, but this defines sport.

Best Buy Classic
By Jose on 06/14/06 13:05 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

After months of research and comparisons with MB and Lexus, I found my 525 5-speed. Considered a 98 but the 95 has the styling that won't look dated. After a year and 12000 miles no mechanical problems to speak of. Only gripe is brake light circuit warning light that has a mind of its own. Average overall MPG about 20 so far with the ability to get 28 or more on the highway if I can drive under 70 mph. Great car. Still under 100k so looking forward to many more ahead. Not a burner off the line, but better mileage than a v-8.

Wonderful automobile
By David Colorado on 02/03/06 18:47 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan

The 530i has been a joy to drive and own. Reliability is less than perfect but overall it's a great car.

95 540 great car
By jesse on 01/15/06 21:27 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

Bought with 75K miles on it, nikasil engine block replaced with alusil at 46K mi.. It has incredible power, comfort and highway cruising ability and is extremely well made. You can't beat the classic BMW four round headlights look that these cars have. The V8s do have some problem areas (radiator, intake manifold gasket leaks, valve cover gaskets that leak with age, etc)but any buyer that does his/her homework and buys a solid car won't regret it.

My Favorite Car Ever - Fell In Love
By Tex-Bear on 01/07/06 16:45 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

Bought black with black interior BMW 540 used - 9 years old (nickname Vader). All my previous cars were just tools for traveling. Vader's comfort, solid construction, and performance made me 'fall in love'- feel safe and pampered. Superior quality leather seats and interior. Exterior is classic and elegant. Gets 19 mpg; engine has hp & torque to merge into highway traffic, and maneuver out of danger with ease. Headlights are more like laser beams. No one keeps brights in my eyes if I flash the hi-beams at them! Nikosil engine was replaced by a previous owner. Vader has been reliable daily driver, with only routine maintenance needed, and I travel 100 miles/day. This is one great car.

BMW Fun
By roger on 08/23/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

The 525i has been an exceptionally reliable and fun car to own. No significant maintenance problems for a car of its age. As for performance and handling... its tough to beat on the highway.

Great Quality and Fun to Drive
By Ed on 05/17/05 12:59 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after having looked at and researched many BMWs. My expenses have been minor. The previous owner had installed the optional 17" tires along with Eibach springs. This gave a great first impression (M5), but he didn't replace the OEM struts which weren't able to control the shorter more aggressive springs. I replaced the struts (myself) with Bilstein Sport units and the ride control was much improved. (Albeit a little harsh on rough roads.) I've put nearly 55,000 miles on the car since Oct 2003 and it going strong!

Great car, classic styling
By bob in houston on 01/16/05 07:46 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 75k miles on it, I now have over 165,000! As you'd expect, repairs are eventually required, I've done most of the work myself: water pump, radiator, front & rear rotors, shocks/struts front and rear, steering linkage. Yes, some of these cars have an engine block that causes a somewhat rough idle (blocks were made of an aluminum with nickel, the Nikasil blocks), but the sulphur content in older blends of U.S gasoline is not an issue anymore. This car has served me well, and I STILL get compliments on it when I fill'r'up at the gas station.