Used 1995 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Bmw 5-series - Consumer Reviews

1995 BMW 5 Series

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

14 Years old and still smokes em'!
By Eric

1995 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

What can I say? Fast, luxurious, ergonomic, loads of technology such as OBC (On-Board Computer) that tells you MPG and other stuff, pretty good handling for a sedan, and all around a great car to have. To this day, as soon as people step in the car the first thing they ask is, "what year is this car?" I tell them 1995 and jaws hit the floor. Ample rear space not to mention the ridiculous trunk space. Awesome stock sound system, comfortable leather seat and leather upholstery. Did I mention the V8 power? Haha!

Favorite Features

The TECHNOLOGY!!!! It's crazy! Again, did I mention the POWER!?!? The interior is better than some of the newest cars out there right now.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it were a little lighter and maybe a little better handling in tight turns, but what do you expect? It's a sports sedan and no sports coupe. Other than that, I wish it had the 6-speed and was one of the M-Sports!

Totally hot!!
By MusicMan

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

My first BMW, and it is flawless! B on B, and so sharp it is incredible! It looks even hotter with my HOT wife sitting in it also! (She made me say that!) lol! WE love it so much already! Used, this is the best value I could ever imagine, not to mention the looks it has! Beauty, performance, luxury, and dependability, what more can you ask? This was well maintained, and I am 3rd owner. Engine is so clean I could easily eat off it, and I am not exaggerating! SPOTLESS inside and out! Exhaust has no odor, and is clean! Engine runs like an electric turbine with no shake or rattle, perfectly still! After reading these reviews, I as well, I have to agree, the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!

Favorite Features

Gorgeous Black Paint and Leather interior! Handling is incredible! SEXY! Dependability and features I enjoy as much as everyone else!

Suggested Improvements

Front window switches should be on the doors!

The Best BMW ever Built, Hands down!
By Great Car

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

This is a fantastic, low maintenance machine. A person with reasonable mechanical ability can diagnose and solve some of the problems which are few. I have had 2 e34 BMW and they have exceeded expectation. I had several Mercedes that always needed something ridiculously expensive. Both BMW have been very low maintenance. Stay away from the dealership and use a trusty mechanic and online parts and this car will cost you less than a Honda to keep up. I will always buy BMW.

Favorite Features

Reliable engine, strong body, and good engineering.

Suggested Improvements

Like everyone else, cup holders and more room in the back seat area.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Bimmerman4ever

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

Nothing bad can be said for BMWs in my experience. This is my first E34 type. And I love it so far, over 200k miles and still running great. (I like lucky to find a 5 speed and from the original owner). I've owned many E30 325i/e bimmers two over 280k miles and not one burned nor drip a drop of oil. my First BMW was a 85 528e five speed and that was was fun to drive also. The e or Eta type engines seem to last longer than the i engines, Though much less HP add a chip and a different ratio LSD and it makes all the difference. The E30 Type 3 series really sold me on BMW engineering prowess and there dedication superior performance and meticulous design.

Favorite Features

OBD, computer controls/displays, interior and stereo although dated with a cassette player is easily overcome by a cassette adapter with input from an Ipod. Handling and acceleration is predictable with no surprises when cornering hard.

Suggested Improvements

added space above the shift console could fit a utility tray or coin holder a cup holder could have been a pop out drawer somewhere, 17" rims would help appearance, and a small low powered sub woofer would improve overall stereo sound Bosch, Alternator bearing dries out and makes whining noise

little workhorse
By leah

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon

The lack of cupholders is one of the biggest gripes; I ordered a set on line. This is a smooth, fun, solid little car. My BMW mechanic says in his experience people who get these wagons never want to give them up and I certainly second that. It handles very well, especially on the highway and has superior braking.

Favorite Features

Handling, breaking, dual sun roofs.

Suggested Improvements

Just that old cup holder thing.