1995 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews 3

1995 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
1995 BMW 5 Series
By Dream Master on 05/04/07 23:06 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

This car is a mixed bag. It is extremely comfortable in front but cramped in back. It gets fairly poor gas mileage, about 19 mpg in mixed driving. OTOH it is fast even by today's standards; the engine is a joy, and it handles amazingly well for such a big car. The steering is perfect, the brakes are excellent, and the controls are generally within easy reach. One exception is the window controls, which inexplicably take up most of the area between the front seats, where a console should be instead.

Fun and luxury
By jrutledge on 04/21/07 11:12 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

I wanted a performance car and a luxury car. I got both from one car with the 540i. With very slight mods it is even better.

I love this car
By Brian on 03/08/07 07:34 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I have a red 5-speed and it is a blast to drive. Terrific at responding to the driver's intentions. Mirrors and car shape allow for very easy viewing of other cars around you which can really make a driving experience. Driver is truly in complete control. CLASSIC body style. Car looks incredible when clean. Very tight steering and VERY impressive handling for a sedan. Car loves to be pushed. Built to be driven. I average about 24 mpg and can go well over 400 mi on a tank. Trunk space is a-plenty. Back seat leg room a little tight. Nothing better than taking this baby out on a warm sunny day with the windows down and the music up.

This car is great
By Stefan on 01/24/07 17:58 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. I have had two BMWs both 525i's. They are both great cars and you can't compare to the quality in it. Also is very good for drifting if you're into that thing.

Best car I ever drove (so far)
By melvin on 07/23/06 11:51 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

Note: I own a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, 1991 Patherfinder, 1993 Ford Escort and there are no comparisons to any of them. I bought this 10 year old BMW with 91000 miles on it. I must say that this car is the best car I ever drove. The car makes me feel that I have full control of every inch to the car. It gives me the feeling for ESP, because the response time is incredible.

Wow
By DrFrank on 07/12/06 17:20 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

Purchased a used Dinan 5, 540ia supercharged. I had owned a 1985 735ia before. Interior was very close to the 735. Power and handling was vastly better. 0-60 in under 5 sec and 60-0 makes your stomach turn. Corners are FUN. 90 degree corner at 60 kph and no problem staying in my lane and No tire squeal. Wow, I have driven many sports cars, but this defines sport.

Best Buy Classic
By Jose on 06/14/06 13:05 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

After months of research and comparisons with MB and Lexus, I found my 525 5-speed. Considered a 98 but the 95 has the styling that won't look dated. After a year and 12000 miles no mechanical problems to speak of. Only gripe is brake light circuit warning light that has a mind of its own. Average overall MPG about 20 so far with the ability to get 28 or more on the highway if I can drive under 70 mph. Great car. Still under 100k so looking forward to many more ahead. Not a burner off the line, but better mileage than a v-8.

Wonderful automobile
By David Colorado on 02/03/06 18:47 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan

The 530i has been a joy to drive and own. Reliability is less than perfect but overall it's a great car.

95 540 great car
By jesse on 01/15/06 21:27 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

Bought with 75K miles on it, nikasil engine block replaced with alusil at 46K mi.. It has incredible power, comfort and highway cruising ability and is extremely well made. You can't beat the classic BMW four round headlights look that these cars have. The V8s do have some problem areas (radiator, intake manifold gasket leaks, valve cover gaskets that leak with age, etc)but any buyer that does his/her homework and buys a solid car won't regret it.

My Favorite Car Ever - Fell In Love
By Tex-Bear on 01/07/06 16:45 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

Bought black with black interior BMW 540 used - 9 years old (nickname Vader). All my previous cars were just tools for traveling. Vader's comfort, solid construction, and performance made me 'fall in love'- feel safe and pampered. Superior quality leather seats and interior. Exterior is classic and elegant. Gets 19 mpg; engine has hp & torque to merge into highway traffic, and maneuver out of danger with ease. Headlights are more like laser beams. No one keeps brights in my eyes if I flash the hi-beams at them! Nikosil engine was replaced by a previous owner. Vader has been reliable daily driver, with only routine maintenance needed, and I travel 100 miles/day. This is one great car.