1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Totally hot!!
By MusicMan on 05/11/09 17:23 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

My first BMW, and it is flawless! B on B, and so sharp it is incredible! It looks even hotter with my HOT wife sitting in it also! (She made me say that!) lol! WE love it so much already! Used, this is the best value I could ever imagine, not to mention the looks it has! Beauty, performance, luxury, and dependability, what more can you ask? This was well maintained, and I am 3rd owner. Engine is so clean I could easily eat off it, and I am not exaggerating! SPOTLESS inside and out! Exhaust has no odor, and is clean! Engine runs like an electric turbine with no shake or rattle, perfectly still! After reading these reviews, I as well, I have to agree, the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!

The Best BMW ever Built, Hands down!
By Great Car on 05/10/09 13:11 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

This is a fantastic, low maintenance machine. A person with reasonable mechanical ability can diagnose and solve some of the problems which are few. I have had 2 e34 BMW and they have exceeded expectation. I had several Mercedes that always needed something ridiculously expensive. Both BMW have been very low maintenance. Stay away from the dealership and use a trusty mechanic and online parts and this car will cost you less than a Honda to keep up. I will always buy BMW.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Bimmerman4ever on 04/05/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Nothing bad can be said for BMWs in my experience. This is my first E34 type. And I love it so far, over 200k miles and still running great. (I like lucky to find a 5 speed and from the original owner). I've owned many E30 325i/e bimmers two over 280k miles and not one burned nor drip a drop of oil. my First BMW was a 85 528e five speed and that was was fun to drive also. The e or Eta type engines seem to last longer than the i engines, Though much less HP add a chip and a different ratio LSD and it makes all the difference. The E30 Type 3 series really sold me on BMW engineering prowess and there dedication superior performance and meticulous design.

Will Drive 4-Ever!
By WestKyCrimeInc on 04/05/08 22:10 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Purchased a 1995 525i in 2003 at 193K miles! Was skeptical at first with mileage, But 5 yrs later I am sold! This 5 series is bullet proof! I have 228K miles on it and I enjoy it very much. The motor is bullet proof, the transmission is bullet proof, nothing breaks! In 5 yrs only repairs have been fan belt, brake rotors and pads, one radiator (broke at upper hose attachment?), oil changes and trans fluid change - that's it! Wow! I drive in LA and its 75-100 mph on the 405 with no problems. LA to Vegas in 3.5 hours with no oil burn! Impressive for 228K miles. Gas mileage at 65~75 is 23 mpg on the highway. City is 16 mpg no matter how it's driven I will keep car until wheels fall off!!

Big Disappointment
By Paul on 01/05/08 14:29 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

The '95 540i is among the last understated, genuinely beautiful cars from BMW. It is tremendously powerful and the routine maintenance consists of little more than oil changes and brake jobs. The downfall is the transmission. It is a sealed unit with "lifetime" fluid (complete nonsense). It _will_ fail at 100k mi. and cost $5k to replace. The car is worth $4k. My trans has disgorged it's fluid on the driveway fully 4 different times. Each episode requires a limping trip to the shop and a bill of $300. On the road, the car is heavy and ponderous and not in the least bit fun to drive. Brakes have only two modes: off and full lock up. Zero finesse. Big disappointment.

still a great car
By jeepguy on 11/04/07 23:13 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 140K and drove it home (eBay...1000 miles away) getting 28 MPG all the way. I thought I wanted a 540i till I saw the MPG. Kept it mainly as a road trip vehicle for a year, then started driving it daily. Here we are 2 years and 25000 miles later. My only monetary investment has been tires, brakes, a/c compressor, spark plugs and a radiator. Not bad for a car with 166,000 miles. Still runs very strong, corners like a dream, great curb appeal. My wife tries to trade vehicles with me on an almost daily basis (Grand Cherokee Overland). The valets all ask me to let them know when I may be selling it!

King
By Organizedchaos on 08/11/07 07:52 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan

The 530i is a stunning car. Great handling, a powerful v8 engine and great looks. This is the best car I ever owned. Plus it's a classic now.

1995 BMW 5 Series
By Dream Master on 05/04/07 23:06 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

This car is a mixed bag. It is extremely comfortable in front but cramped in back. It gets fairly poor gas mileage, about 19 mpg in mixed driving. OTOH it is fast even by today's standards; the engine is a joy, and it handles amazingly well for such a big car. The steering is perfect, the brakes are excellent, and the controls are generally within easy reach. One exception is the window controls, which inexplicably take up most of the area between the front seats, where a console should be instead.

Fun and luxury
By jrutledge on 04/21/07 11:12 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan

I wanted a performance car and a luxury car. I got both from one car with the 540i. With very slight mods it is even better.

I love this car
By Brian on 03/08/07 07:34 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I have a red 5-speed and it is a blast to drive. Terrific at responding to the driver's intentions. Mirrors and car shape allow for very easy viewing of other cars around you which can really make a driving experience. Driver is truly in complete control. CLASSIC body style. Car looks incredible when clean. Very tight steering and VERY impressive handling for a sedan. Car loves to be pushed. Built to be driven. I average about 24 mpg and can go well over 400 mi on a tank. Trunk space is a-plenty. Back seat leg room a little tight. Nothing better than taking this baby out on a warm sunny day with the windows down and the music up.