1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
still a great car
By jeepguy on 11/04/07 23:13 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 140K and drove it home (eBay...1000 miles away) getting 28 MPG all the way. I thought I wanted a 540i till I saw the MPG. Kept it mainly as a road trip vehicle for a year, then started driving it daily. Here we are 2 years and 25000 miles later. My only monetary investment has been tires, brakes, a/c compressor, spark plugs and a radiator. Not bad for a car with 166,000 miles. Still runs very strong, corners like a dream, great curb appeal. My wife tries to trade vehicles with me on an almost daily basis (Grand Cherokee Overland). The valets all ask me to let them know when I may be selling it!

I love this car
By Brian on 03/08/07 07:34 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I have a red 5-speed and it is a blast to drive. Terrific at responding to the driver's intentions. Mirrors and car shape allow for very easy viewing of other cars around you which can really make a driving experience. Driver is truly in complete control. CLASSIC body style. Car looks incredible when clean. Very tight steering and VERY impressive handling for a sedan. Car loves to be pushed. Built to be driven. I average about 24 mpg and can go well over 400 mi on a tank. Trunk space is a-plenty. Back seat leg room a little tight. Nothing better than taking this baby out on a warm sunny day with the windows down and the music up.

This car is great
By Stefan on 01/24/07 17:58 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. I have had two BMWs both 525i's. They are both great cars and you can't compare to the quality in it. Also is very good for drifting if you're into that thing.

Best car I ever drove (so far)
By melvin on 07/23/06 11:51 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Note: I own a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, 1991 Patherfinder, 1993 Ford Escort and there are no comparisons to any of them. I bought this 10 year old BMW with 91000 miles on it. I must say that this car is the best car I ever drove. The car makes me feel that I have full control of every inch to the car. It gives me the feeling for ESP, because the response time is incredible.

Best Buy Classic
By Jose on 06/14/06 13:05 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

After months of research and comparisons with MB and Lexus, I found my 525 5-speed. Considered a 98 but the 95 has the styling that won't look dated. After a year and 12000 miles no mechanical problems to speak of. Only gripe is brake light circuit warning light that has a mind of its own. Average overall MPG about 20 so far with the ability to get 28 or more on the highway if I can drive under 70 mph. Great car. Still under 100k so looking forward to many more ahead. Not a burner off the line, but better mileage than a v-8.

BMW Fun
By roger on 08/23/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

The 525i has been an exceptionally reliable and fun car to own. No significant maintenance problems for a car of its age. As for performance and handling... its tough to beat on the highway.

Great Quality and Fun to Drive
By Ed on 05/17/05 12:59 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after having looked at and researched many BMWs. My expenses have been minor. The previous owner had installed the optional 17" tires along with Eibach springs. This gave a great first impression (M5), but he didn't replace the OEM struts which weren't able to control the shorter more aggressive springs. I replaced the struts (myself) with Bilstein Sport units and the ride control was much improved. (Albeit a little harsh on rough roads.) I've put nearly 55,000 miles on the car since Oct 2003 and it going strong!

More Than A Status Symbol
By ComfortHog on 12/06/04 14:07 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Purchased used and have put 138K on this car (168K total) and loving every minute of it. Sure, it has had its share of repairs - but you have got to expect some maintenance on a 10 year old vehicle.Quality is outstanding - parts are expensive but they are not that cheap stuff you find on other cars. Question is - how long before it totally breaks so that I can justify buying a new one? A BMW is not just a status symbol. It is a statement to other (cheaper) manufacturers that we will not be fooled by inferior quality. Funny thing is that my friends still buy cheap american cars every 3 years and don't understand why they still have a car payment.

I'm a BMW ADDICT!!!!
By bmwbrat123 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my BMW'S. Yes I said plural -BMW'S. Back in the '70's an ex boyfriend had an orange '68 2002. That started the whole mess. I dumped my Firebird 4000 (which was a piece of garbage)- and traded it in and bought a '73 2002 (which I still have). I know you might find this hard to believe but it drives and handles like new!!!! I also have a '95 525i sedan which I also use and love. I like the cloth interior - it's cool in the summer and comfortable in winter. Everything about my cars is perfect! The only thing on the 525i is - I would give it a few more horses. The hell with those stupid cup holders!

A sad day
By livea little on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Sorry to be emotional but....today i traded my 525 i for a new 2003 325i. long story short...the 95 525i was the best car I have ever owned and (sorry to be corny) but I almost cried at the dealership - and felt like a total traitor when I walked away from my eight year love affair with my first BMW. the cars are truly "the ultimate driving machine" the 525i continued to handle and drive like it did eight years ago - firm, agile and taut. a great car. It saved my life when I was rear-ended by a drunk driver who was going over 50 mph. thanks - I will miss you