Used 1995 BMW 5 Series 525i Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

little workhorse
By leah

1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

The lack of cupholders is one of the biggest gripes; I ordered a set on line. This is a smooth, fun, solid little car. My BMW mechanic says in his experience people who get these wagons never want to give them up and I certainly second that. It handles very well, especially on the highway and has superior braking.

Handling, breaking, dual sun roofs.

Just that old cup holder thing.

1995 525iT
By feaqs

1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

What a car! It has room for cargo and people, great interior appointments, good gas mileage, great passing power (thanks to the variable valve timing), still looks great at 10 years old, stable at 105mph and still got 28 mpg...only complaint is there's no place to set your can of soda or cup of coffee.

Double sunroof is just plain fun to watch...but hey...I'm a guy! And the all "windows up & sunroof close" feature when you turn the key in the drivers door to the right and hold it.

Common BMW...this is America and we drink & drive (I mean the non-alcoholic stuff) we need REAL cupholders...not like the chinsy ones in the e38/e39 either!

The Best wagon on the market
By BMW Lover

1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

This car is great it has tons of room and is most of all safe i gave my car to my kid who is 16 now and he loves it as well he can fit all of his bag book etc in the back it is also cheap on insurance my carrier considers it a wagon so it is really cheap. I recomemded it 10 stars. A++

Gas millage is great on this car depending on what kind of driving you do you can get up to 32mpg on this car dispite what the bmw website says. you get 25mpg on like city traffic.

Might want to add a cup holder.

This car made me a wagon lover
By lsbarkley

1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

This is my fourth BMW. By far the most practical and useful. Solid yet nimble and smooth. Leather is very thick...mine looks new at 9 years old. Have 145000 with no issues to report. So easy to load/unload the rear with either big rear hatch or just the glass hatch. Roomy with all the fun stuff...even the dual sunroofs are unusual. BMWs to me combine everything you need in a car.

The cargo area...its huge with folding 60/40 rear seats.

The 530 probably provides a little more low end power otherwise none.

Not your typical wagon
By AE

1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

Traded in a 525i for a wagon for more room. One of the best handling and performing cars; even in a wagon! The controls and build are solid and well placed. I get between 25-28 mpg on the highway fully loaded with kids. The rear wheel drive layout is perfectly matched to the smooth six. You don't even feel the transmission changing gears as you do in American cars. Everything feels solid about the car.

Engine and interior. Excellent braking and handling. Controls and makeup of interior are of top-notch materials. Car is built like a bank vault yet rides and handles like a sports car. BMW knows how to build cars!

More rear seat space; some what tight with childs seat.