Used 1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

She'll cost you!
By eholmes

1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530i 4dr Wagon

I bought one of these private sale last year. What a great ride!. I had never driven a vehicle that tight before. Lots of power and handles like a monorail. Rear-wheel-drive with traction control was fantastic in the snow; I was really surprised. Unfortunately the one I bought was a little beat. Rust on the bottom of the doors, front end parts kept loosening up ($400 each), needed pads and rotors, and tires, leaked oil, seemed to be burning coolant, window controls shot, antenna broken, sun-roof broken - you name it, it was broken. But it was a fun car to drive. So I traded it in towards a newer 528i.

Favorite Features

Handling and feel of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy! But I think BMW has made this improvement on subsequent models.

little workhorse
By leah

1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

The lack of cupholders is one of the biggest gripes; I ordered a set on line. This is a smooth, fun, solid little car. My BMW mechanic says in his experience people who get these wagons never want to give them up and I certainly second that. It handles very well, especially on the highway and has superior braking.

Favorite Features

Handling, breaking, dual sun roofs.

Suggested Improvements

Just that old cup holder thing.

Teutonic engineering at it's best!
By Matt

1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon 530i 4dr Wagon

I never intended to buy a BMW but thank goodness I did! the 530 is an awesome car, it is comfortable yet still has a sporty feel. The engine response is slightly delayed due to the automatic gear box (it takes half a second longer than a manual shift to kick in) but after that first pause, it flies. I have only owned this car for 3 weeks but it has stolen my heart. I would recommend a '95 BMW 5 series to anyone. P.S. If you are getting a very weak airflow through the dashboard vents, make sure you check the pollen filters (found buried under the dash, you can access them from the driver's foot well on right hand drive models). They clog up with dirt quite quickly and reduce air flow.

Favorite Features

The power, styling, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Better factory fitted audio.

1995 525iT
By feaqs

1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

What a car! It has room for cargo and people, great interior appointments, good gas mileage, great passing power (thanks to the variable valve timing), still looks great at 10 years old, stable at 105mph and still got 28 mpg...only complaint is there's no place to set your can of soda or cup of coffee.

Favorite Features

Double sunroof is just plain fun to watch...but hey...I'm a guy! And the all "windows up & sunroof close" feature when you turn the key in the drivers door to the right and hold it.

Suggested Improvements

Common BMW...this is America and we drink & drive (I mean the non-alcoholic stuff) we need REAL cupholders...not like the chinsy ones in the e38/e39 either!

The Best wagon on the market
By BMW Lover

1995 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

This car is great it has tons of room and is most of all safe i gave my car to my kid who is 16 now and he loves it as well he can fit all of his bag book etc in the back it is also cheap on insurance my carrier considers it a wagon so it is really cheap. I recomemded it 10 stars. A++

Favorite Features

Gas millage is great on this car depending on what kind of driving you do you can get up to 32mpg on this car dispite what the bmw website says. you get 25mpg on like city traffic.

Suggested Improvements

Might want to add a cup holder.