1995 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
She'll cost you!
By eholmes on 05/16/10 14:02 PM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Wagon

I bought one of these private sale last year. What a great ride!. I had never driven a vehicle that tight before. Lots of power and handles like a monorail. Rear-wheel-drive with traction control was fantastic in the snow; I was really surprised. Unfortunately the one I bought was a little beat. Rust on the bottom of the doors, front end parts kept loosening up ($400 each), needed pads and rotors, and tires, leaked oil, seemed to be burning coolant, window controls shot, antenna broken, sun-roof broken - you name it, it was broken. But it was a fun car to drive. So I traded it in towards a newer 528i.

Teutonic engineering at it's best!
By Matt on 06/04/07 07:46 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Wagon

I never intended to buy a BMW but thank goodness I did! the 530 is an awesome car, it is comfortable yet still has a sporty feel. The engine response is slightly delayed due to the automatic gear box (it takes half a second longer than a manual shift to kick in) but after that first pause, it flies. I have only owned this car for 3 weeks but it has stolen my heart. I would recommend a '95 BMW 5 series to anyone. P.S. If you are getting a very weak airflow through the dashboard vents, make sure you check the pollen filters (found buried under the dash, you can access them from the driver's foot well on right hand drive models). They clog up with dirt quite quickly and reduce air flow.

95 525i sedan
By tango on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Wagon

Car is great - also have 84 533i - New one one is more sophisticated - runs a s smooth as a sewing machine. Bought with 180,000k still extremely tight and handling is very crisp. Looks as good as the new style - maybe better. Needs cup holder.