1994 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Still Owns the Road!

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Still Owns the Road!
By JBoff on

1994 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car four years ago and I have not had any major problems with it. The car was cared for very well. Maintenance is the most important part of owning this car. It is not a real car unless you have to take care of it. This is a car that I will have as long as possible. I would not trade it for anything (maybe an M5). This car has a timeless design and I still get compliments on what a good looking and beautiful car it is. I think the AC Schnitzer wheels really improved the appearance. I love the handling and the very very quick and secure response . The car will stop on a dime, has been very useful a couple of times. Living in CO the snow is not a problem with this car.

I love telling people that I have a V8 that gets 24+ mpg, with over 160K on it, in everyday driving conditions. The intimidating look it has when it comes up behind another car on the highway and its ability to make cars move over.

The adaptive trany sometimes seems to confuse it's self. Thos makes for some hard shifts once in a blue moon. The glass head and foglights tend to crack somewhat easy with road gravel in the winter time.